Princess Royale Resort
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
Very Good 4/5
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$130
Very Good 4/5
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$69
Great 4.5/5
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$211
Hilton.com
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$98
US$70
QualityInn
US$279
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
Flamingo Motel(Ocean City)
US$64
US$60
2,916 results
All reviewsindoor poolocean frontconvenience storebedroom condoarcade gamesparking garageoff seasonfull kitchenhot tubbeach accessfamily vacationocean city marylandschooneratriumtubsbalconyboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Just came back from a 3 night stay at Princess Royale. Had a nice time, here are a few highlights:

First of all, remember, you are in a beach town. It's not a resort in Mexico, so do not go there expecting 5 star accomodations and service. The hotel is nice, however it is outdated. But really, who cares? It was very clean and I felt comfortable sleeping in the bed and taking a shower. They give you a full size fridge/freezer which was nice to store snacks and water/beer for the beach. It was really clean too. They also provide pots (to go with cooking on the stove in room) however I noticed dirty fingerprints all over them so I would not use them at all.

Pay the extra money for an ocean view. We had a partical view of the ocean and it was worth it. Very pretty. But beware, there is NO privacy on the balcony. You can literally high-five the person next to you. There is no privacy screens in betweens balconies so just be aware of this. But still, pretty cool to have. I wouldnt recommend booking a room with an indoor pool view. Seriously, it was so humid in the atrium I could not have imagined being in any of those rooms.

The service was wonderful. People were friendly. I'm surprised by any negative comments regarding service - everyone really was nice.

It's expensive but you are on the north side so there are nice restaurants and bars. I would not recommend staying anywhere near the boardwalk. My husband and I prefer to drive over, walk the boardwalk and drive back to the hotel.

Overall the hotel is clean, friendly just has outdated decor. Valet was a plus!

Room Tip: Ocean or partical ocean front room. Worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna C
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I tremendously enjoyed my stay at the Princess Royal; room and service was great, as wells as the amenities they offered. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay..

Room Tip: The ocean view king-size suite was awesome.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed here recently for a conference and had mixed feelings. I didn't utilize the beach or pool so I am not reviewing those.

The good: Clean sheets
nice and comfy tempurpedic bed
large space (only for non-ocean front rooms)
full kitchen with cutlery
living space separate from sleeping quarters
nice flat screen TV with good channel selection
I would say the location is pretty good. Everything was a close drive (restaurants, entertainment) and its beach front.

The bad:
The parking garage is painfully awkward to drive in, especially for an SUV/Truck. You have to navigate this extremely sharp turns and hope you find a spot in the tiny garage.
The room is half updated and half old. The kitchen equipment looked very dated.
The living space was dark and dim.
My room faced the pool and pretty much anyone could see in. I highly recommend a higher floor if possible, and outward facing.
The hotel itself is very outdated and needs a total refresh. Very 90s color scheme and décor. Sorta cheesy.
Difficult to access electrical outlets in the bedroom. I was searching around for outlets. Not USB integration into outlets for phones/technology.
Very poor WIFI. I get that you're at the beach and may not be using the wifi but for those of us that need to work, it was impossible for me to get on our server.
No conditioner in the freebies basket for the shower. Had to go out and buy some.

Room Tip: Chose a room on a top floor and outward facing. Avoid pool view rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The Princess Royale was our host hotel for the 2014 Tri-Association Conference. This was our second year there and there is a reason why......excellent customer service and an outstanding sales staff. I would highly recommend the facility for business AND pleasure. The rooms are spacious and clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I took my wife and children this summer and they liked it better than Disneyworld. Walk out the back door and we were right on the beach. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. When I asked for driving directions and they would print a map and mark how to get there with highlighter. The last morning we looked out on the ocean from our room and saw dolphins. How cool is that! They gave us a free upgrade on our room and it was fantastic. I would go back in a heart beat and my children have repeatedly asked to return next summer : ). Central location and the food in the restaurant is awesome. Our best family vacation ever.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room and you will never regret it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family