3,028 results
All reviewsindoor poolocean frontpool levelconvenience storebedroom condoarcade gamesparking garageoff seasonfull kitchenhot tubbeach accesstrip to ocean cityfamily vacationschooneratriumtubsbalcony
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Thanks for another great vaca. The added beach area at the outside bar is a great add.this is 20 some years coming to the same place that says it all. Looking forward for our winter get aways this year. Thanks again

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Bobwelker
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I stayed at the Princess Royale with my husband, daughter 26 and son 14. We stayed for 3 nights next to last weekend of Aug of 2014.
The staff was great throughout the building. I would particularly like to mention Ron the bell hop. He was beyond nice and it was a pleasure to interact with him. The front desk staff, and the outside wait staff (at the outside eating area) were all wonderful too.
When I called to make a reservation the lady (I didn't get her name sorry) was incredibly helpful with the many questions I had for her,,and I will say that I heard her, not so nice supervisor in the back ground tell her she needed to hurry up and end the call.
Regarding the building, we stayed in room 504, it had a great ocean front view, but is incredibly dated. The color scheme is 70's and many items not working, such as cabinet doors in the kitchen, and the patio screen door.
The room was clean, just very old.
We had breakfast in the hotel with their buffet Sat morning and all thought it was tasty and plentiful, I thought the price very reasonable.
We didn't use the indoor pool but it looked very nice.
I would have given full marks if it wasn't for the outdated/dysfunctional room.

Room Tip: Loved the view from our ocean front room. Room 504, away from elevators and was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Just came back from a 3 night stay at Princess Royale. Had a nice time, here are a few highlights:

First of all, remember, you are in a beach town. It's not a resort in Mexico, so do not go there expecting 5 star accomodations and service. The hotel is nice, however it is outdated. But really, who cares? It was very clean and I felt comfortable sleeping in the bed and taking a shower. They give you a full size fridge/freezer which was nice to store snacks and water/beer for the beach. It was really clean too. They also provide pots (to go with cooking on the stove in room) however I noticed dirty fingerprints all over them so I would not use them at all.

Pay the extra money for an ocean view. We had a partical view of the ocean and it was worth it. Very pretty. But beware, there is NO privacy on the balcony. You can literally high-five the person next to you. There is no privacy screens in betweens balconies so just be aware of this. But still, pretty cool to have. I wouldnt recommend booking a room with an indoor pool view. Seriously, it was so humid in the atrium I could not have imagined being in any of those rooms.

The service was wonderful. People were friendly. I'm surprised by any negative comments regarding service - everyone really was nice.

It's expensive but you are on the north side so there are nice restaurants and bars. I would not recommend staying anywhere near the boardwalk. My husband and I prefer to drive over, walk the boardwalk and drive back to the hotel.

Overall the hotel is clean, friendly just has outdated decor. Valet was a plus!

Room Tip: Ocean or partical ocean front room. Worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna C
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I tremendously enjoyed my stay at the Princess Royal; room and service was great, as wells as the amenities they offered. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay..

Room Tip: The ocean view king-size suite was awesome.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I stayed here recently for a conference and had mixed feelings. I didn't utilize the beach or pool so I am not reviewing those.

The good: Clean sheets
nice and comfy tempurpedic bed
large space (only for non-ocean front rooms)
full kitchen with cutlery
living space separate from sleeping quarters
nice flat screen TV with good channel selection
I would say the location is pretty good. Everything was a close drive (restaurants, entertainment) and its beach front.

The bad:
The parking garage is painfully awkward to drive in, especially for an SUV/Truck. You have to navigate this extremely sharp turns and hope you find a spot in the tiny garage.
The room is half updated and half old. The kitchen equipment looked very dated.
The living space was dark and dim.
My room faced the pool and pretty much anyone could see in. I highly recommend a higher floor if possible, and outward facing.
The hotel itself is very outdated and needs a total refresh. Very 90s color scheme and décor. Sorta cheesy.
Difficult to access electrical outlets in the bedroom. I was searching around for outlets. Not USB integration into outlets for phones/technology.
Very poor WIFI. I get that you're at the beach and may not be using the wifi but for those of us that need to work, it was impossible for me to get on our server.
No conditioner in the freebies basket for the shower. Had to go out and buy some.

Room Tip: Chose a room on a top floor and outward facing. Avoid pool view rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business