3,028 results
All reviewsindoor poolocean frontpool levelconvenience storebedroom condoarcade gamesparking garageoff seasonfull kitchenhot tubbeach accesstrip to ocean cityfamily vacationschooneratriumtubsbalcony
Reviewed August 12, 2006

Our first family vacation was wonderful and the princess royale played a huge part. We arrived around 7:00 pm on friday 08/04/06. Check-in was smooth. The room was ready and clean. Since this was our first trip to OC we didn't know what to expect. while the hotel isn't the most modern in decor, the location and amenities are perfect for families with young children. We loved the indoor pool, our ocean view balcony and the fact that the beach is just steps away. The food was comparable in price to other eateries and having a restaurant on the premises made things easier for us. The sofa bed was old and HORRIBLE, but fortunately our children our young (5 yrs and 6months), so they bunk with us anyway. I loved the tempurpedic mattress and had been wanting to try one. All-in-all we were extremely pleased with our stay and can't wait to return. Hopefully the room furnishings will be updated when we do.

Thanks to everyone for making our trip a blast!

Stayed: August 2006
7  Thank mrslafair
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Administrative Asst. at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2006

Thank you for your patronage and your posting regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found everything, with the exception of the sleep sofa mattress, to be to your liking.

While this is our 15th season, we did complete a multi-million dollar renovation in 2003.

Upon check out you should have received our popular bounce back coupon for a future off-season complimentary Thursday or Sunday night when staying Friday or Saturday. We hope that you will utilize the coupon so that we can look forward to seeing you at the beach again soon!

Thank you again.

Reviewed July 19, 2006

I just wanted to write a review since most of the reviews I have read have been so negative and I had very low expectations of this hotel before my recent stay there. However, after just returning from a 4 night stay I must say that we had a great time and will definitely return again. We had a 2 bedroom condo in the North tower. It was clean, quiet, and had a fabulous oceanfront view. Everyone we encountered was friendly and courteous and we encountered noone who had problems speaking English. We did the breakfast buffet which was OK. We liked going to Layton's next door better. We also did the seafood buffet in the ballroom which was OK as well. My only minor complaint is that on the weekends there is a guy providing musical entertainment outside by the beach bar and the sound really carries especially when you have young children who are trying to nap. The Tempur-Pedic bed was wonderful. My husband who has a bad back loved it. We will probably be buying one soon.

Stayed: June 2006
17  Thank plucker001
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Administrative Assistant at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2006

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review and please be assured that we value your comments and opinions.

We are receiving SO many wonderful comments from our guests regarding our new Tempur-Pedic beds. If you did not take the promotional information that was available in your suite regarding the beds and would like it sent to you as you consider purchasing one of your own, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to send it to you.

Thank you again for your comments. I trust you received your "Bounce Back" coupon at check out for a complimentary future off season Thursday or Sunday evening when staying on a future off season Friday or Saturday evening so that we can look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ocean City.

Diane Anderson, Administrative Asst.
Princess Royale
proffice@dmv.com

Reviewed July 5, 2006

I was searching for reviews of Ocean City hotels when I came across the Princess Royale link. I went to the hotel for New Year's Eve of 2005. I'm still so upset at our treatment at this hotel (more than a year later), that I had to write a review.
We bought the New Years' Eve package which included a buffet, live music, and open bar and a 2-night stay for $500 (per couple). We chose the Atrium Package (meaning the party was in the atrium). Well when we checked in an hour before the party everything was great. The lobby was nice as well as the atrium. We went to our room and realized we had a different smoking preference from our reservation, so we called the front desk. We were told the manager had to call us back. We waited for 30 minutes for a call-back, and at that point decided we should get dressed for the party. After we were dressed, still no call, so we called them. We were told a bellhop would be up to help with our bags because they were giving us a new room. Great! We waited for the bellhop...the party has started by this point. He never showed. So my husband in his suit and me in 3" heels moved our own bags. Naturally we wanted to speak with a manager but no one was available...go figure.
Grudgingly, we went to the party...late,and hoped to salvage our anniversary and new years. The party seemed to be fun until children started coming to join their parents. An adult party is not appropriate for children and we paid alot of money for it.
Well the next morning, my husband went to the front desk to complain about the lack of service the night before and we were given a ocean-front room. We nicknamed it "the Miami Vice room" because the decor was reminiscient of the show. But despite the decor, the room seemed fine. We began to prepare dinner (it had a full kitchen) and noticed the room was VERY cold, so we called the front desk AGAIN. Maintainance came and told us the heater was broken and he couldn't fix it, we would have to move AGAIN.
Our patience was waning.
We moved to another room. This time the bellhop showed. The remainder of our vacation (a half a day) was uneventful but we were upset. Upon check-out we spoke with management and was told they could do nothing to compensate us (not even a free breakfast) but we could write the Executive Comittee (whoever they are).
So we wrote them and told them of our terrible experience. We received a one-night stay during the off-season. A $75 room doesn't compensate for the $500 we lost and wasted. We went during a holiday. When we complained about that, we were told that was all the hotel would do for us.
I just don't want someone else to loss money as we did. I wish I would have read the other reviews before booking this "vacation".

• Stayed: January 2005
17  Thank Margareeta
Management response:Responded July 12, 2006

I regret that your stay with us over a year ago did not exceed your every expectation. I certainly wish that I could review your concerns however as your stay was over a year ago the record is no longer available.

With regard to smoking and nonsmoking, 75% of our hotel suite are nonsmoking. However, nonsmoking is by request only and is not a guaranteed room type. Please note that we do out BEST to honor ALL requests but sometimes it is simply not possible; especially on a sold out event such as New Year's Eve. However, I understand from your posting that your room was relocated upon your request.

I am sorry that a manager did not return your call more promptly. As with every New Year's Eve since our opening in 1991 ALL managers work the three New Year's Eve parties as we host over 1000 guests that evening. Accordingly, I am sure, due to the time of your request being at the start of the New Year's Eve parties, all the managers were assisting in that capacity.

Again, I regret that we did not exceed your every expectation.

Reviewed July 3, 2006

First off, let me say that my family and I are accustomed to luxury hotels. Given the price of the Princess Royale, one would assume that it would be a pretty good hotel. We walked into the hotel, and had no problem with check-in. Little did we know what was waiting for us in our room: the strongest smell of mold and mildew. Ladies and gentlemen, this smell was strong enough to make your eyes WATER.
Second, we booked a suite. Apparently a suite at this hotel was the equivalent of a standard room at any other.
Its okay, we can put up with the room not being up to par. Thats perfectly fine. Originally, we had booked a one week stay at the hotel. The first night of our stay, a relative called to tell us that my grandmother had died. Ofcourse, we realized that we would have to cut the vacation short and go home as soon as possible. I went downstairs to inform the hotel staff that we would be checking out early because of an emergency situation. Keep in mind that I was grieving at this time, and did not need some one to be as rude to me as she was. She informed me that we could not check out the next day unless we agreed to pay for our full weekly stay. I went on to inform her that my grandmother had died and it would be impossible to stay. She was completley stoic, and offered absolutely no sympathy to our situation. She said, that in order for us to pay for only the night that we stayed at the hotel, we would have to bring in my grandma's death certificate. COME ON!!! We lived four hours away, and trust me, we would be very busy in the upcoming weeks with funeral arrangements as well as with dealing with the loss of a loved one. She requested the original copy of the death certificate as well.
We go on a beach vacation every year and this experience is the reason we will NEVER come back to Ocean City.

• Stayed: August 2003
19  Thank Vacationer35478
Reviewed July 1, 2006

We've stayed at this hotel for the past four summers as we get booked there with a convention we attend. The service and furnishings are deteriorating over time. This year for the first time we had extra guests who used the sofa bed -- be warned! -- it is awful!! The thinnest possible mattress. So uncomfortable.
The room was only marginally clean when we arrived and was not cleaned well during our stay. Is it a hotel policy not to change sheets each day? I'm all for saving water and resources, but when the sheets are visibly not clean (we had kids with us) -- they should be changed!!
The temperpedic bed wasn't that comfortable for me.
The pool was filthy and the bottom was covered with sand. The sauna wasn't hot enough.
When we called room service there was no answer.
The dresser drawers were dirty inside. The whole place, including our room, smelled musty and moldy.
Employees need more training in customer service -- not the worst I have ever experienced, but need some work.
Now that there are so many nicer and newer hotels in Ocean City, we will likely opt for one of those instead.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
18  Thank GrandTour24366
Management response:Responded July 7, 2006

I am sorry that your recent stay with us did not exceed your every expectation. I regret that you found the Temper-pedic mattresses not to your liking as most people have remarked that they love them!

The linens and towels are changed daily in every suite and condo. If something was overlooked in your suite, I apologize. Please note that we do over Guest Services from 7am -11pm. In the rare event something is overlooked, a call to Ext. 2038 will result in a housekeeping supervisor going to your suite to immediately address your concern.

The pool is vacuumed several times a day. Unfortunately, not all parents are diligent in making sure their children wash the sand off prior to entering the pool. With hundreds of guests using the pool daily, I am sure you can imagine that even the cleanest pool gets sandy when people do not appropriately rinse before entering.

Finally, our seasonal staff, as with all other businesses in the resort area, does arrive each year in June and they are trained to as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Again, I am sorry that we did exceed your every expectation but hope to see you on your next visit to Ocean City.