Dunes Manor Hotel, Court & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$409
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$279
Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$280
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$392
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$250
AscendHotels
US$209
Sea Hawk Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$215
Sea Bay Hotel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$220
The Spinnaker(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$269
Travelocity
Castle in the Sand Hotel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$255
Hotels.com
  • Pool
3,008 results
All reviewsindoor poolocean frontpool levelconvenience storebedroom condoarcade gamesparking garageoff seasonfull kitchenhot tubbeach accesstrip to ocean cityfamily vacationschooneratriumtubsbalcony
Reviewed July 16, 2010

All you need to know about this spot has been written. Just read the prior posts. Every bit of it is true in one form or another...it all comes down to your state of mind when you slide that key card thru the elecro-metalic-locky-thingy at the door of your digs.

Because it has all been said before, I won't go into detail about it all, but rather just give a short perspective on my experience, for scientific purposes...Oh, and to give another view point.

Knowing what we know, we looked 'round' for a last minute deal at OC. We booked this spot last minute (on Thursday for a Sat. thru Mon. stay) on a local site (as opposed to one of the big 3, or 4, and so on), and found a great rate at this hotel. After checking the reviews on TA, we popped.

The front desk was friendly and helpful and check in was a breeze. We were assigned a 1st floor oceanfront "CABANA". Yes, they do call it a CABANA, but it's a 1st floor walk-out with a patio instead of a balcony. It was a chore to get to but once we found the secret (walk 'round the beach side to the front) it worked well. Our CABANA (#113) was very cave like at night, but in the morning and thru out the day it was flooded nicely by natural light. Our CABANA did have a nice view of the ocean from the ground floor, but was partially blocked by the beach bar. Why they would put the bar in front of a room/rooms (111 & 113), I don't know, but they did.

I did read on TA of the noise complaints from the music act and did get to see/hear it up close and personal-like... He was 25 feet from our CABANA, just beside the bar. Oddly enough, being that close to our CABANA wasn't a bother...the bother was it was too loud when we were drinking at said bar enjoying said act! The dude is good and was very entertaining and we dug him, but honestly Diane, it is a bit loud.

Now for the short of it. Didn't eat the food there. Didn't swim in the pool. Would never, ever, ever (did I say never or ever?) book a room on the pool level or in the atrium due to the arcades/pool tables and so on...But we did like this spot for its beachfront locale, customer service (no doubt due to the TA users feedback), and for the last minute price we found. If we would have paid full price, our review would be different. All in all we had fun, yes the CABANA was a 'lil worn (as was other rooms we peeked), yes in comparison to other parts of the beachfront world its a 'lil shady, but thats OC, and its why (for OC standards) it gets 3 stars from us. (And thats a good thing).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chilaxn
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Public Relations Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2010

Thank you for your comments and review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ocean City, Maryland.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I and 3 teenage grandchildren--ages 15 and twins fourteen stayed for 4 nights in a two-bedroom, 2 bath condo on the 9th floor. The condo was beautiful and very clean--very important to me. The kitchen had all of the pots and pans and utencils and plates we needed--nice size frig for all of our food. Resort staff were very nice and helpful with any questions you had---one day maid forgot to leave coffee for the next morning and we called and it was brought up immediately---the maid even unloaded the dishwasher and put everything away----something that other condo-cleaning staff usually dont do. Pool was very nice and clean---restaurant had good food and reasonably priced--beach was very nice and very close to the resort---I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting to stay in Ocean City, Maryland.

2  Thank gmyers
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Princess Royale. We greatly appreciate our guest's comments and each review is carefully read and all comments noted. We appreciate your feedback as well as your patronage and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ocean City.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

Over the past 10 years, my family and I have stayed multiple times in the hotel and twice in the condos. You can't beat the beachfront location and the huge indoor pool/atrium area. The indoor pool/atrium on a lousy weather day is a HUGE advantage and one of the main reasons we have returned numerous times. My last few visits have been in the condo section. The 2 bedroom condo we had 1 King and 2 Full Size beds. The condo we stayed in (904) is sorely in the need of some updates. In the master bedroom, no less than 4 of the vertical blinds were missing or broken. Neither the window in the master bedroom or living room would close. The first morning sunrise woke some of us up at 5:30am since the blinds were missing/broke/crappy. After letting the front desk know of the blinds and window closure (and the safe which was locked), they did address them quickly but the blinds in the living room/dining room area and second bedroom did not work well either. I realize it is an oceanfront resort, but there was too much sand in the room....on the furniture, tile floor, carpet. Some of the ceramic floor tiles felt loose or were loosening. The tub in the second bedroom looked like it was way past its prime too. Although the hotel room countertops have been replaced, the same was not done in the condos. The full size mattresses in the second bedroom were horrible. My wife and young daughter slept in one and they complained the mattress was squeaky and overly worn since they rolled to the center. I slept in the other full size bed myself and felt the same thing they did. There was a penny on the bedroom rug the day we checked in and it was still there 5 days later when we checked out. After we checked in, we found a half full bottle of iced tea under the one bed. TV reception in the living room absolutely stunk. Slightly better in the bedrooms. Free wifi internet connection was to be available but half the time we tried to use the wifi we couldn't because we'd get an error message stating "too many subscribers are already logged in". The living room couch was not comfortable to sit on either. The staff were generally friendly. Friends of mine rent condos for much less than the ones here. Next trip, I think we will try an alternate location.

3  Thank dsmojm
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Public Relations Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your feedback. Our guest's comments are very important to us and please be assured that your concerns have been reviewed with the appropriate staff as well as condo owners.

I sincererly regret that we did not exceed your every especation on this trip and hope that on your next visit to Ocean City that would allow us the opportunity to once again serve your hospitality needs.

Thank you again for your review as well as your patronage.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

Just returned from a Mon through Fri family vacation at the Princess Royale Ocean City MD. All I can say is that we had probably the best beach vacation ever. Instead of booking one of the regular rooms (which are very nice -- depending upon what view you pay for) we opted for a Condo this visit. Condos are located on floors 6 to 10 at the Princess Royale and are all Ocean Front. All I can say is WOW! We were lucky and were assigned a 3 bedroom 3 bath end unit that had at least 25 feet of Ocean Front facing balcony -- with views of the Ocean and a wrap around tail to the balcony that enabled you to see the bay too. Breathtaking! The condo has three sliders to the deck. One from the Master; family room and front guest room (with two beds); The third bedroom had a king size bed -- as did the Master bedroom which also had a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom and then a full size master bath with huge walk-in shower. These condos were done very nicely and include dining rooms and fully equiped kitchens that even have granite counter-tops. Honestly.. you cannot find a nicer, cleaner, friendlier, convenient and reasonably priced Resort like this anywhere else in Ocean City, MD. Walk down the hall, down the elevator and and you're right at the beach!

While we opted to eat around town for dinner everynight, we did have breakfast every day at the Princess Royale's Schooners Restaurant. We all vote this restaurant a 5 out of 5 stars for consistently good food and friendly service. The pancakes are enormous and our eggs and bacon were cooked perfectly every day. We also enjoyed meeting the many exchange students working at the Resort over the summer. Many of these kids are seeing America for the first time and are amazed at how well we all have it here. So- take a moment to ask some of the servers about their home country and you'll be amazed -- we met kids from Russia, Muldovia, Jordan, Serbia etc. And they are so very hardworking and friendly.

Outside, between the Hotel and beach we had the opportunity to visit the snack bar for some of the coldest, frostiest and tastiest Pina Colada's this side of the Bahamas. Topped off with whipped cream and Pineapple -- they were some of the best around!

Kids enjoyed the hotdogs and salads that are sold right outside too. Very convenient and reasonably priced. THe Hotel even has service right on the beach !! Where on earth have you seen a server on the beach in Ocean City? The answer is no where. Only here.

We didn't use the indoor pool but it appeared to be well kept and popular with many guests.
Honestly -- the weather was just so georgeous and the kids wouldn't come out of the waves with their boogie boards all day -- so we never even had time to think about the pool.

Some nearby recommendations if you decide to stay here include: Lombardi's Pizza -- right across the street. This place is hands down the number 1 pizza place in Ocean City, MD. Lombardi's has the best pizza you will find in town. It's New York style pizza and it's not a chain. Two brothers run the place and it's obvious they care about what they serve.

Equally good is Olive Tree restaurant -- a long time tradition in Ocean City, Md. Of course, right across from Princess Royale is a Candy Kitchen for the kids and a great Cigar store for Dad.

Of course, Princess Royale even has room service -- so you have that option too.

Well -- that about covers it. Hope this review helps you pick the right resort. If you have a family of four or just want more space, check out the condos. It's nice to have a little more space; privacy for mom & dad and a luxurious spot to unwind after the beach. You won't find any nicer -- so check it out!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank PhillyFamilyofFour

Thank you very much for your review and ratings regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed the three bedroom oceanfront condos.

We appreciate your patronge and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ocean City.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

I reserved my stay with the Princess Royale two months in advance after looking at multiple reviews and recommendations. I was so excited for my vacation UNTIL I checkedin. I understand I went on a holiday weekend but the staff was absolutely horrible. They were rude and inconsiderate and did not want to answer any questions. My room was wrong and when I said something to the manager I was told "oh well we are booked up....nothing I can do" When I asked if they had a shuttle I was told "take the bus its $2" and when I got to my room it wasnt clean. I was so disgusted and disappointed. It put a damper on my vacation. Also they screwed up my billing and I was double charged for a night. The Princess Royale has the worst customer service I have ever received and I will never go back. I will also be complaining to the corporate office. Oh and PS.....they will tell you they are by the boardwalk.....the boardwalk is 4 miles away!!!!

3  Thank MissJeray
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Public Relations Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

We are in receipt of your review and certainly apologize for any inconvenience you felt that you may have encountered. Guest satisfaction is our utmost concern and I regret that we did not exceed your every expectation.

Unfortunately, I have no records regarding your concern and would need more specifics in order to research this matter. I would, therefore, appreciate if you could contact me and reference this posting so that I may review your reservation, your confirmation and our housekeeping records for the suite that you occupied. The suite provided would have been the type confirmed at the time your reservation was made and an email confirmation would have been immediately sent to you confirming the room type.

The Princess Royale does not advertise that we are near the Boardwalk nor do we offer a shuttle. There are however, as the staff advised, buses available throughout Ocean City and the cost is nominal at $2.00 per DAY. The bus is available 24 hours per day and there is a bus stop located directly in front of our hotel for our guest's convenience.

Again, I regret that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel and would like the opportunity to look into the matter at your convenience.