Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$89
FindHotelUS$115
QualityUS$89
Hotels.comUS$89
Expedia.comUS$89
Agoda.comUS$89
All reviews hot tub ocean view oceanfront room choice hotels outdoor bar full kitchen coffee pot staying at this hotel private balcony pools boardwalk dishwasher summer indoor md
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2020 via mobile

Well, I’m not sure where to start, but definitely don’t want anyone to have similar experience to what we had. We booked in this hotel for one reason which was to find an ocean front hotel during the time we wanted to stay and we couldn’t find any availability in any other hotel.
Front desk staff was nice and courteous. However, the room they assigned to us, though it has fantastic view to the beach was miserable.
Here are some items that describe how bad was the room which made our stay for the 4 days very hectic:
1. Odor: as soon as we stepped in the room we smelled this strong smell. Soon after we realize it was mold. See pictures
2. AC works but with horrible noise (see attached video). Imagine you sleep hearing this loud noises coming from the AC. <<Unfortunately, after I wrote this note, I realized that Trip Advisor doesn’t all uploading videos.>>
3. Stove was working but it electrified my wife few times.
4. Phone wasn’t working and we asked for a fix. Someone came to check it but it was never fixed.
4. Safe wasn’t working and we had to call the front desk from our cell phone to get someone to fix it.
5. Towels were stained (see pictures)
6. Toilet door was broken (see pictures)
When we requested another room during the first 15 minutes, we were told there was no availability.
In order for this hotel to be a decent and a humane place for guests to stay, it must undergo major renovation. Obviously the leadership is too greedy to shut parts of the hotel to be renovated and they rather keep guests staying in moldy rooms that are totally uncomfortable.
Definitely not staying there again until I hear or see that they have upgraded and renovated the rooms.
Not recommended!

Reviewed August 20, 2020

The whole purpose of this trip, and the reason we were willing to spend the high price for a ocean front room, was to give our disabled son a safe view away from crowds of people of the OC Air Show on Saturday. He is crazy about airplanes, but is mostly deaf so likes the way his body can feel the roar of the jets. Our experience up to the day of the air show was fine. Our kids enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools without incident, and most of our room supply needs were met, but often after going to the front desk to tell them to contact housekeeping because we had not been contacted yet well into the afternoon. The room was very clean on arrival and the kitchen supplies were adequate for our requirements. Unlike many rooms we have stayed in, the number and spacing of electrical plugs was enough for all our gadgets.
On the day of the air show, we set up our chairs on the balcony to enjoy the culmination of a great few days and the star attraction of our stay. There was a strong wind from north to south along the beach and that is when we smelled it - the unmistakable aroma of marijuana. I peeked over the balcony towards the rooms upwind, but could not see any obvious evidence of someone smoking. But after the air show got started, the smell was so intense we couldn't stand it any longer and had to retreat into the room and close the sliding glass door for the rest of the event. My son was understandably disappointed he couldn't get the full view of the airplanes from the railing of the balcony - exactly what we paid a premium rate to let him do. I complained to two different managers and was told the same thing by both - they have reported to police in the past but there wasn't anything the police could or would do. Besides the impact on my son's air show watching experience, I am drug tested regularly as part of my job and have to report any instances of 'incidental contact' as well. So that had to be taken care of first thing back at work.
Besides this one thing, the rest of our stay was fine. The hotel wifi was understandably overwhelmed during the air show, but was strong and stable otherwise. The only other thing we noticed is that one of two elevators were occasionally out of service or stuck on one floor for an extended period of time during peak hours, making the one remaining operational elevator overcrowded and unsafe in this time of social distancing.
So to the guest(s) that decided to enhance their air show experience with some illegal drug use, hope it was all you wanted it to be. For my 5 year old, it wasn't.

Reviewed August 18, 2020 via mobile

Hotel is old and dirty. Staff was ok until checkout day when a maid came right in at 9am. No knock. Just came in and said are you checking out. People smoking marijuana. No fresh towels and trash was never emptied.

Reviewed August 18, 2020

$220 a night buys a room full of moldy peeling wallpaper, Wads of hair in the bathtub, a lamp and phone on the floor, a thermostat that doesn’t work, a huge stain on couch (I’m afraid to know what that is), a broken door (that you can see has been kicked in several times), blood on the wall of stairwell... oh and that’s our second room. Our first oceanfront room we had to change because my family was overtaken by the smell of weed from the neighboring room when we opened balcony doors!!! Per the front desk— it’s legal here and the cops don’t do anything about it.

Reviewed August 6, 2020

Arrived on a Friday afternoon with 3 other people. Check in with staff was very easy. I had booked directly with choice hotels so I paid remaining balance on my two reserved rooms. I was early so I left my phone number to be contacted when our rooms were ready and parked the car on the lot. Walked around the back of the hotel to the attached restaurant (Coastal Salt). I ordered some wings for myself and a brew but that's a whole other review. I received a call soon after offering us a free upgrade. After I confirmed that we would still have separate bathrooms I accepted the upgrade to the Penthouse suite.

The suite is on the 10th floor and was accessible via your room key being swiped in the elevator. When you arrive at the top floor and the elevator doors open there are big wooden doors that can be locked behind you to prevent unintentional visitors. As you step into the main room there is a small balcony on the left side of the room looking out bay side. The room itself contained a windows based pc, several lamps and 3 couches arranged around a coffee table. This room opened up into a main living room area that contained a round 4 person card table, two chairs, a couch and tv with dvd player. Underneath the dvd player was a small cabinet that was equipped with several board games. This room was also equipped with a bigger balcony that wrapped from the side of the hotel to the front. It had a great view of the beach and rectangular shaped pool.

Just outside of the living room was a small dining room containing a large table with 9 chairs. There was a smaller side table in this room as well with 2 more chairs. The kitchen was directly adjacent, The kitchen contained a full size refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, two coffee pots, toaster, microwave, glasses, plates and utensils. We honestly didn't use much of this but would have came in handy had we planned for a longer stay. There was a laundry room with washer and dryer and a common small bathroom in the hallway. At the end of the hallway there is another small living room with a tv that would have made a great game room if there were kids with a video game system that was brought with to play.

Each bedroom is key card locked and fully equipped with an ocean front balcony, like any other hotel room. The first three rooms had normal style balconies. The fourth room 984 had a larger balcony which was double the normal size. The last room at the end of the hall was 985. This room is huge! We had a king bed, four chairs for sitting, a mini-fridge, small in room sink, a bigger than normal bathroom, and best of all the biggest of all balconies. This balcony wrapped around from the front over looking the kidney shaped pool, to big offset that had multiple loungers and chairs that went all the way to the bay side of the hotel.

So the rooms did have some dings, the furniture wasn't the newest, but the overall quality of the rooms was good for a beach hotel. The interactions we had with maintenance, housekeeping and other staff members in the hotel were always pleasant.

There are 3 pools in the hotel, 2 outside and 1 inside. The hut tub was currently disabled. I seen multiple people cleaning these over the 5 days we stayed here. All of the employees had masks on and there were hand sanitizer stations at multiple places throughout the hotel.

I also checked in at Ralphies Rum Shack which is the poolside bar. You can drink at the bar right outside of the pool if you are a guest at the hotel. But you can also sit at tables or bar on the other side of the fence as well. They had drink specials and rum buckets here. They had a bean bag game setup just outside the pool here as well.

Overall this was a good stay with a nice staff and great location. Please keep in mind this is a boardwalk hotel. I have stayed at multiple boardwalk towns, at multiple boardwalk hotels. I will re book this hotel the next time we visit Ocean City MD.