“Fabulous time!”

Ranked #85 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Frederick, Maryland
“Fabulous time!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit skeptical. But luckily, we had a fab time. The room was very clean and nice; comfortable bed. The view of the bay was pretty and the location was outstanding. Close to the beach and to Fager's Island. The staff was very courteous at all times. Unfortunately, we were too early for the pool, but it looked really nice. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Ocean City.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor; bayside. Lovely room!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Patrice L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Philly, PA
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed for two days last July and the location, pool, and view was great . It was across the highway about two blocks from the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ald3114
baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Great Staff. Very friendly and helpfull. Clean rooms with great views of the bay! We really enjoyed our stay and plan on returning soon!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My family and I have stayed at the coconut Malorie a couple of times in the past, the most recent being a family reunion...most of the whole family also booked rooms and loved them also.
The views are spectacular.....They employees are very nice and helpful and the rooms were nice and clean!
I really can't imagine staying anywhere else now that we have found this place.
I highly recommend it!!

Sandra Shipe

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sandy D
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I come to Ocean City often and mostly stay at the Coconut Malorie when it's available. I always enjoy staying at this property. I stayed the weekend of March 10. The room was excellent!! We stayed on the fifth floor and had a bayside view. The room was immaculately clean!! We asked for extra towels and was serviced in less than 3 minutes. Everytime we walked in the lobby, the front desk staff greeted us with a smile and remembered our names. That made us feel special and imortant. I must say the previous reviews cannot be true and even unfounded. I work for the health department and do inspections like these and this passed with flying colors. I think some people get carried away and get angered when the can't get a freeby. That's my opinion on the previous comments. The rooms was very clean and met my picky standards. I came prepared to use my own cleaning products but didn't have to. Upstairs was a pool table and a ping pong table. We took upstairs some sodas and snacks and had a ball in the billiard room. There is also a tv in there as well for the non pool players. The view from up there was breathtaking. We love this place and can't wait to stay again. We cannot say enough nice things about the staff and how good they were to us. Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Angela L
lilian24
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just came back from a 4 day weekend at the Malorie. Just needed a mini getaway. Overall, the hotel was ok, a little old but they tried to update it. The lobby was nice. The rooms are old & musty and need renovation. The hotel is located on 59th and coastal hwy so it's a bit far from the boardwalk. 2 blocks from the beach. Free parking.

My husband and I got there Friday night around 10pm after driving 4 hours and we checked in right away. The front desk person was nice and helpful. Went up to our room, but the key didn't work. So my husband went down to the front desk and took about 15 minutes then maintenance came up with him to fix the door. However, that took what seemed to be an hour to fix. The guy kept trying and trying but it didn't seem to work. Finally, around 11:20pm the door was fixed and we were able to relax in our room. (That was a turnoff)

Also, The following morning we were awakened to noise and talking outside of our door. a couple of people were having a conversation for about 20 minutes and we could hear everything. My husband and I were very irritated by that. So,I got up and went down to get coffee and I saw the housekeeping cart out side our door. Which leads me to assume it was the housekeeping staff that was socializing (but this is only an assumption).

We stayed in the one bedroom suite, and like I said it need updating. It overlooked the bay. The bathroom was a decent size but the fixtures need replacing. There was a 30'' TV in the living room and a very old TV in the bedroom that had horrible picture. The bed was very uncomfortable to sleep on. It also had a fully equipped kitchenette which was nice to have. (we didn't use it much)

The complimentary coffee in the lobby was from 7am-11am. It was actually very good. We had about a cup each day.

We asked for late check-out (12pm) and it wasn't a problem. Check-out was simple.

Overall, I wouldn't consider staying here again because I would like to be closer to the center of the boardwalk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilian24
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Not sure WHY other comments left for this resort were negative BUT I have to say our unit # 508 at Coconut Malorie ( TOP FLOOR ) was spotless, inviting, had a coffee tray stocked and waiting for us.

The views from our private balcony was great overlooking Fagan's Island Restaurant, the sunset and water views was AWSOME from the unit # 508.
We had Clean fluffy towels, comfy queen sized bedding, and 2 TV's with cable !
You can bring breakfast items to put in the fridge, a 2 burner stove top, dishes and there IS a table seats 4 to eat at. LOVED the unit and the management ! Very friendly place to stay ! Right off the 90th Street Bridge. There is even a workout room and a pool table and game room to enjoy on the upper levels with views.

Room Tip: Ask for unit # 508... the top floor units have vaulted ceilings. YOU WON"T BE DISAPPOINTED.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends