“Worse Days Inn I have ever stayed at”

Days Inn Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Dover, New Jersey
“Worse Days Inn I have ever stayed at”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I booked a King Size Oceanfront room for our honeymoon.
First I didnt even get a kingsize room was told there was none available but yet I paid for 1 night up front when I made the reservations. Ended up with a room with 2 double beds..a downgrade from the Queen we have at home.
The first room they put us in smelled like mold..I went to go out onto the balcony and the screen door fell off in my hands.
We asked for another room and was given one..smelled a little better but still not what you would expect.
The carpet was filthy, I was afraid to walk around without shoes..ruined 3 pairs of socks while I was there. no screen door on the balcony, there was hair in the bathtub from whoever stayed there before us.
The first morning housekeeping came in and made the bed..period..they didnt replace the towels, or the coffee and there was still hair in the tub.
I complained to the front desk and they said "they would take care of it" ok I got clean towels and more coffee but the hair was still there.
I ended up cleaning the tub myself..just what I wanted to do on my honeymoon.
The water pressure in the shower was non existant..if you are bald its great.
The bathroom sink would not drain, my husband even took it apart to see if he could fix it..Hello we should not be doing these things on our honeymoon
The front desk clerk claimed to live in OC his whole life but didn't even know what time the on site restaurant was open. which by the way in the 4 days we were there was never open for dinner.
The best thing I can say is the view from the balcony was awesome and it was very quiet.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaR91011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The room overall was clean. However, there were ants on the counter. I don't know where they were coming from, but I avoided putting items on it. The pool looked nice, but because I was there for only a day, I was unable to test it. The ocean front view was BEAUTIFUL. I do wish the hotel was closer to the amusement pier. But the distance from it was nice too because it was quiet. If you like to stroll, run, or ride a bike, then it's a good distance. Overall, my stay was a good stay. The only "weird" thing was the 2 tv's in one room. I can understand the reasoning behind it, but it was difficult to hear when you were not watching the same tv station.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sajanlove
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We were scheduled to go to Ocean City with our daughters and it ended up that a hurricane was coming up the coast. I called to cancel and they told me that I couldn't because I was not giving 72 hours notice. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? How do you give 72 hours notice for a hurricane - the weather channel was not even saying what would happen so I drove over 200 miles to be told I had to leave the following morning. Most of the rooms were not even ready by check-in time and the shower had zero water pressure!!!! Don't waste your money!

Room Tip: Make your reservation somewhere else!
Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Olyphant, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was a perfect hotel, away from the hustle and bustle, but still right on the boardwalk and tram line. The oceanfront rooms have very large balcony...great for enjoying the ocean or people watching on the boardwalk. It was recently renovated and clean. We enjoyed the breakfasts at the on site restaurant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna S
Brandywine, Maryland
Reviewed 7 September 2011

When we checked in around 12:45PM I was greeted by a young woman who was less than enthusiastic to serve me. I guess it was my fault to ask her to go the extra mile and to call me when the room was ready. She just told me to come back around 3PM. Fine, fair enough. When I got to the room it was stuck in a dark corner next to the pool, I walked it an knew it was not going to work because the room had a shower, no bathtub. I have two small children. So I went back to the front desk and the manager (who was also less than enthused to serve me) upgraded me to a side ocean view room. Yay! The room was great for the price. It seems when they replaced the beds they didn't realize that the new mattresses would hang over the old box springs about 8 or 9 inches. Comfortable nonetheless. The pool was ok, too. The DJ has got to go. I found the music and the ramblings of the DJ irritating. When I go to the pool I want to relax and read a book, but that's just my preference, I guess. I may go back, I would be more inclined to say that I would definitely go back next year if the employees were a little nicer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kcard82
Boonsboro, Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Compared to the nightmare we had just come from in Ocean City this place was 100% times nicer. The room was nice, and ver big for the price. Bed was comfortable and clean. We had our do not disturb on the door the whole time, but housekeeping was very nice taking our trash and getting us new towels when we asked for them. The staff was very friendly and the hotel had 3 pools . One regular pool, and then the other two were on the opposite side of the pool bar which had music playing and there was a kiddie pool which my daughter loved, and we loved the fact their was a server that came around at the pool to see if you wanted anything to eat or drink. Overall, for the price it was awesome!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank greyphoenixx
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This will be the third year we returned to days inn ocean city. we meet up with family and always have a blast in ocean city md. we stayed in the F building this year which is next to the family pool area and garden. the room was big and was nice that there was a kitchen area and 2 tvs. we had a partial view of the ocean. the pools were nice and the hotel was overall nice we will definatly be coming back. the building with the square pool is the oldest and not nice at all we stayed in it last year. make sure if you go you stay in the F b uilding above the hotel lobby or the oceanfront building. The other building called the "french quarter" isnt nice and a ripoff the price is expensive even though you face the street and is very old and run down we are definatly going back but not staying in the french quarter building were stayin in the F building or oceanfront if you stay there youll probably be happy with your stay its a nice beach motel

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family