1,172 results
All reviewsocean frontmarlin suitemain lotbottled watercandy kitchenjacuzzi tuboceanfront roomtile floorspartial ocean viewoff seasonbar and grillmemorial daytwo queen bedsmini fridgedefinitely stay here againhousekeeping staffcoffee maker
Reviewed July 5, 2016

We've been vacationing in Ocean City for 20 years, and have always stayed on the boardwalk. This hotel was pretty much the same as many others we have stayed at in the area. PROS (in general, incl. this hotel) = great ocean view, easy access to beach/boardwalk, train/tram and bicycle rentals nearby, decent room/beds, free wifi, and friendly staff. Pros (specific to this hotel only) = $10 daily voucher to hotel restaurant (food was good), 10% off hotel beach store (still over priced), in room safe (not all places have that), close parking (many places are 2-3 blocks away), and free water bottles in the room (great to take to the beach). CONS (in general, incl. this hotel) = noise (comes with the territory when staying on the boardwalk), somewhat expensive food (again, on boardwalk), wifi is hit/miss (seems to be all hotels), and freezing swimming pools (we haven't stayed in a place yet that had warm pool water... what's the deal with that?). Cons (specific to this hotel only) = we were locked out of our room one day and had to get our keycards reprogrammed... the front desk said it was probably due to our cell phones wiping them out, but all 3 of our cards were wiped out, and only 1 of us had kept it near a cell phone (I think they actually checked us out by mistake, since the cleaning staff came into our room without knocking, and made a remark about "they thought we had already checked out")... not a big deal, since they fixed our cards quickly/easily. Overall = We had a good stay in an average hotel on the boardwalk. We would return to this hotel again, as long as the price stays competitive with other places on the boardwalk. If we EVER find a hotel on the boardwalk with warm pool water, then we would definitely stay there (kind of a bummer not to be able to swim on vacation). FYI... If you like lots to do/see, then the boardwalk area is a good place to stay. If you want peace/quiet, then I would recommend staying elsewhere (and just visiting the boardwalk area).

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank T C
Reviewed July 5, 2016

I went with my family for a mini vacation about four days with three rooms all with beautiful ocean view and balcony. The rooms were clean and two rooms had Jacuzzi. We received four restaurant vouchers for each room for four days, ranging from $10 to $25 each per and $10 daily for each individual at the hotel restaurant. The food and service was excellent. My teenage children loved it, it was relaxing since we walked to the beach daily and had the best location. Manager Gigi and Dan were very professional and excellent. We would surely stay at this hotel again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ShirlyS59
Reviewed July 4, 2016

This hotel has location as a selling feature, and you benefit from being in the thick of it all, and leaving the car in the parking lot. This was our first stay at this older, and dated hotel. A summary of what we found:

Parking: hopefully you get on their lot and if not, you need to park in their overflow lot a block away. This can be a real chore when lugging kids late at night, but considerate to their guests to have another lot.

Room: they kept it pretty clean, and housekeeping gets a B+, however our room was not ready, and we waited way past the check in time, which was extremely inconvenient with small kids. We had to call for towels, after being shorted two nights in a row. One night we "enjoyed" cold showers.

Perks: we spent a ton of money for the room with a private patio, and oceanfront balcony. Don't waste your money! There were four white plastic chairs, two white plastic loungers, with no cushions, no tables. The whole idea of having crabs on our private patio with other family members did not happen. There was no awning, or patio topper, so the day it rained, the patio and balcony were useless. In the sunshine, it was a hot concrete patio, with no shade or comfortable seating to sunbathe.

Restaurant on site: the Taphouse. Though the food was good, and location was a few floors away, the pricing was excessive. Hotel guests received a daily $10 credit, but those coupons could not be combined or used another day. The day we ate there, there was one waitress to everyone eating there, and that was a bit inconvenient as well.

Front desk: we locked ourselves out of our room one night (don't ask) and used a neighbors room to call the front desk, and there was no answer on multiple try's. I went down the elevator to the lobby, and called for help for several minutes, with no help. The entire staff was out on the front porch having a grand time. Lets just say, I was not impressed. The lady gave me a new key card to access the room, and never asked any identifying questions, or tried to even attempt to act in a security type manner. WOW!

Pool: too small, in the parking lot, and no security measures. You just open the gate and walk in. Some people in the pool were definitely not from the hotel. They do provide clean towels for the pool area, which was a perk.

Elevator: two small elevators, with a hefty wait time. Plan for this and you will be okay.

Overall: we may check out other hotels in the area for the same price. The staff seemed to be going through the motions, but not engaged at all. They were not rude, but they were not accommodating either. This was disappointing since they are in the hospitality business in a resort town.

Room Tip: Average hotel in great location.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank jdbanker99
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

I have to share this story of how thoughtful the staff is here. My son brings his stuffed animals with him when we travel. They are his babies. When we left our room for afternoon activities, he left his babies in his bed scattered here and there, under the blankets, pillows and on the floor. He asked me if we could turn around because in his excitement of being in a new place and having fun, he forgot to arrange his babies together so they wouldn't be scared while he was gone. I told him housekeeping would put them up when they made the bed. He then freaked out that they might scoop them up with the soiled bedding and throw them in the laundry by mistake! It took some time to reassure him they would be fine. When we came back to the room that evening, housekeeping had collected all of his stuffed animals and made an origami puppy dog out of a towel --they even stuck little eyeball stickers to it-- and surrounded it with his babies, almost as if the dog was babysitting them. My son discovered it first, as his babies were top priority upon his return. He was almost in tears! He kept saying how nice the housekeeping people must be to do such a thoughtful thing for his babies. They could have simply piled them in a corner or on the bed, but they CARED enough to make a special surprise for a little boy. They had no idea how special they were or that an overly sensitive "daddy" was worried about them. We want to thank whoever cleaned room 416, on July 1st 2016. You are the reason we will be staying here again this year when we come back!! I have to add that all the ladies I interacted with at the front desk were genuinely friendly and helpful. The girl who took my reservation over the phone was the girl who checked me in upon arrival. I didn't know it but as soon as I approached the front desk and started talking she recognized me from the phone call. It brought an immediate warm/welcome feeling to our visit. It's this kind of attention to the little things that makes a great staff. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. We enjoyed our stay here and felt right at home. Thank you, Paradise Plaza Inn! We will be back!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily G
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

We would stay here again. The staff made sure that there were no problems. The staff was friendly. Our room was a nice sized room for 6 people. Offered coupons to the hotel restaurant for breakfast, but we did not use. Did not use the swimming pool either. Just needed a place to stay until we were able to check in to our condominium.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family