“Great real Chinese food”
Review of Grace Garden

Grace Garden
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Odenton
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This mom and pop restaurant has 2 menus. One is real Chinese, the other Chinese American.
My husband and I always order from the real Chinese menu. He generally has something with squid, octopus, or organ meat, such as tripe. I, on the other hand, order the Szechuan park belly, which is hot, but divine. You can request less heat, if you would prefer. The chef is the husband, and the wife and other family members work the front of the restaurant. Don't go for ambiance, because there is none. Go for the food which is first rate. Bear in mind that when ordering from the Chinese menu that the shrimp are prepared with heads still on, just as they are served in China.
Some dishes are so special that you must order them in advance. (E.g. Tea smoked chicken)
Don't be fooled by outward appearances- you might just think it looks like a hole in the wall!
But the food is wonderful and truly authentic!

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

We have been eating at Grace Garden for almost twenty years. The cuisine is by far and away the best Chinese food we have had anywhere this side of San Francisco. I would recommend ordering only from the special Chinese menu rather than the Chinese American one. We have too many of the special plates on the menu which we consider special. Some of the spectacular courses are the Fish Noodles, the Fried Fish with rice flour, the fried eggplant and the pork belly. Don't judge the place by the location in a small strip mall across from Fort Meade. This place serves truly exceptional Chinese cuisine. The only downside is they don't open on Sunday.

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Close to Ft Meade so thought I would try it. Fast service, good and spicy Hunan chicken with good white sticky rice. Would go back.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

I have been to this very small restaurant twice in the last five years and I wish I could go more often. It is a very basic restaurant in a nondescript location but boy, their food is fantastic. My favorite is the Fish Noodles. My friend and I went there in May and we were starving and ordered a feast - enough to feed a family of 5. We finished it off because the food is especially tasty. No frills, but excellent tasty and unique Chinese food.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

If you really like Chinese food, this is your place. This place is all about the food. There are only a handful of tables in this hole-in-the-wall restaurant. The decor leaves a lot to be desired. But once you taste the food, you won't care what the place looks like.

I've been here several times and have never been disappointed. This last time, my wife and I went. She ordered the Black Pepper Beef which comes in a rich peppery brown sauce with sautéed green peppers and onions. She loved the dish and was happy to enjoy the leftovers the next day.

I ordered the Braised Pork Belly. It was amazing. It's the Chinese version of any Jewish mother's roasted brisket that was in the oven all day. It was served in a bowl with the sauce and juices from the meat and the accouterments. The flavor is incredibly rich and the belly itself simply melts in your mouth. The meat is very tender while the ribbons of fat just melt away so easily you wonder how it made from the plate to your mouth without disintegrating.

Also one of my favorites, the fish noodles are delicious.

I would certainly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys Chinese food and especially those who have been dying for some traditional fare.