“Great Food, Excellent Service”

Bill Bateman's Bistro
Ranked #29 of 87 Restaurants in Parkville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: We are an American bar & restaurant with a wide variety of food. We are famous for our wings and Baltimore Crab Cakes. We also serve brunch.
Reviewed March 4, 2018

My husband eat here a few times a year. Today we had excellent service. I love my iced tea and our server brought me two refills as soon as she saw we needed it. My husband ordered the Shrimp Sausage Mac & Cheese which was out of this world. It was seasoned to perfection and had a blend of cheeses, shrimp, bacon, Chorizo sausage, tomatoes and green onions topped with bread crumbs and baked in a skillet. I ordered the meat loaf which could have been warmer, along with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The gravy was served on the side in a small container and I asked for more since my husband and I share our meals. Our server willingly brought me more gravy. When I asked for a container to take home some of my food I was also offered cups so we could take our tea home with us. What restaurant does that? Prices were not bad either. The shrimp sausage mac & cheese was 11.99. I believe my meatloaf was about the same.

Bill N, Owner at Bill Bateman's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are thrilled you and your husband treat yourself to a meal here at Bill Bateman's a few times a year and always enjoy your time with us. Our meatloaf is a customer favorite and it is so great to hear your husband enjoyed the sausage mac 'n' cheese. We look forward to more dinners with you soon! Take care.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Feb. 17, 2018 at 11:30 am: My husband and I were out doing errands and since Bateman's at North Plaza was open we thought we would stop in for lunch. We were the only people there and only two other couples arrived before we left. My first impression was how dirty the place was considering they just opened for the day. Floors and tables had not been cleaned and the two plates they have stacked on the end of each table were filthy....they must never remove them unless used by someone....the utensils weren't much better. I tried brushing away crumbs, etc. only to have my hand stick to whatever was on the table top. I was ready to leave at this point but my husband wished to stay. The waitress wasn't unpleasant, but much like the rest of the young staff, was just going through the motions to get the job done.

We ordered from the "Lunch Specials" menu for that day. My husband had the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato bisque soup combo --- the sandwich was flat, greasy and not very good, the soup was average although it arrived hot (so hot he almost burned his mouth). I had the morning brunch choice that consisted of three scrambled eggs (supposedly), greasy hash browns, greasy undercooked bacon and white toast (I asked for whole wheat but was told they only had white) --- all of it barely warm and no real taste/flavor. Pretty basic food items that could not be delivered hot or properly prepared.

I remember how wonderful this restaurant was when it was originally on Cub Hill Road! I have been to the North Plaza location before and it wasn't as bad as this last visit. I am the person that orders the catering for our office (considered ordering through Foodify) and I'm glad that I saw this place in person because I will not be returning to the restaurant or placing any catered orders from them in the future.

Bill N, Owner at Bill Bateman's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review and feedback on your most recent visit with us. We are truly disappointed to learn of the time spent with us and sincerely apologize for the service and atmosphere you occurred. It is so great to hear you have been with us since our original days and we appreciate all feedback from our customers. Please feel free to reach out to myself, Dorene, at (410) 668-1080 to further discuss your visit. We hope that you will reconsider your decision and visit again as you know what we are capable of. Thanks again and take care.

Reviewed January 2, 2018

We had a tableful of people in the bar area to watch ball games. The number of TV's all around the bar that can be seen from anywhere is the only plus to pass on about this place. The food was expensive and not good at all. The steamed shrimp was so very overcooked that it was hardly edible. The loaded potato skins were burned on the bottom and the potato part itself was overcooked, dry and hard. Even sour cream could not salvage them enough to eat. The fried green tomatoes were obviously frozen and re-heated. The interior was soggy and the breading was awful. The sauce was OK but spicy. Service was adequate but not great although the restaurant was less than half full.

Bill N, Owner at Bill Bateman's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and some feedback regarding your most recent visit with us. We are disappointed to learn of the dishes that were served and sincerely apologize as they were not up to our usual standards. We always appreciate feedback from our customers and take it into consideration with our staff. Either way, we hope this experience does not deter you from future visits as we would love to show you what we are known for. Take care.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

Great lump crab cake, salad, and baked potato all delicious. My Friend ordered the buffalo wings and they looked like something from a magazine. Food and service was awesome! I would visit this location again.

Bill N, Manager at Bill Bateman's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our delicious crab cake and hope your friend liked her wings (both favorites here!). We can't wait for your next visit with us. Take care.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Sundays after 6:00pm burgers are half price. I don't care for the fries as they are shoestring. I prefer steak fries anytime.

Been to Bill Bateman's Bistro? Share your experiences!