“Dry noodles”

Noodles & Company
Ranked #35 of 73 Restaurants in Pikesville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Description: Come by your local Noodles & Company at 3755 Old Court Road, , Pikesville where its globally inspired dishes including noodles, soups and salads, come together to create a World Kitchen.
Reviewed March 25, 2015

I usually like Noodles & Co. But recently this location has been skimpy with the sauce. Leaving you with dry noodle dishes. Make sure you order extra sauce. The also undercooked the rice noodles the one time I had them. Just not what it use to be. Must be new cooks.

Reviewed September 9, 2014

They make it easy to order, people are nice, and the food is always good. Could add a little more chicken to the small bowl, but overall great flavor.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff at Noodles in Pikesville is incompetant. They cannot bring your food out hot, nor do they care about it. Once in a while, they get it right. The only reason I keep coming back is their gluten free fusilli pasta.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great taste, when you thinking, only something hot and taste in my stomach. Chicken noodle (the best)

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Interesting, reasonably-priced franchise. Noodle dishes are categorized as American, Mediterranean or Asian. (I would categorize them as American comfort food, Italian-style dishes and pan-Asian fare.) Food was cheap and filling, but some of the flavors were less than stellar.

I would give this location 3 stars, but the reason I rated it 4 stars is because the Noodles & Company corporation is nutrition- and vegetarian-conscious. Rice noodles can be substituted in many dishes for gluten-free diets. They attempt to create 500 calorie-or-less meals, using their small bowl options. Fifteen of their meals start out vegetarian and are identified on the menu. Some dishes can be made to order for vegans. ALL protein is an add-on – first you order the noodles and then add beef, meatballs, chicken, shrimp or tofu. I wish all restaurants would structure their menus this way.

I ate here four days in a row while attending an event in a nearby hotel. Three out of four visits were takeout. I tried the Thai Curry Soup, Buttered Noodles, Bangkok Curry and Pesto Cavatappi.

The Bankok Curry was a mix of rice noodles and veggies and mild spices. Flavor-wise, probably the best dish of all four meals I tried. The Thai Curry Soup had a yellow curry flavor, a bit of heat, and lots of rice noodles and veggies. I particularly enjoyed the large tomato pieces wedges, which absorbed the soup flavor and tasted delicious.

I was more disappointed with the Buttered Noodles. They seemed a little dry and flavorless, perhaps from sitting in a colander too long before being mixed with the butter sauce. The Pesto Cavatappi was also disappointing. The pasta was good, but I could hardly taste the basil, and what’s pesto without a distinct basil flavor?

My friends ordered from the Asian menu each time. They gave big thumbs up to the Japanese Pan Noodles and the Bangkok Curry, but were disappointed with the Pad Thai.

Oh, and don’t let me forget the Rice Krispy treats. O.M.G., they should call them Rice Krispy Bricks. They tasted homemade and were big enough to share. (Warning: over 500 calories per brick!)

We obviously liked the place enough to order four times; it was cheap and convenient. Our main issue was inconsistency -- check your order!

There was a choice of grilled chicken or parmesan crusted chicken. My friends ordered grilled chicken on a number of the dishes. The first time, the chicken breast was, thick juicy and grilled perfectly with char marks diagonally on the breast. However, twice after that, even though grilled chicken was ordered, it appeared that the parm chicken was used. These breasts looked like they had been flattened and previously frozen.

On my first take-out order, my Thai Curry Soup did not come with a spoon, so I ended up using a fork for the solid parts and sipping the soup out of the bowl. On another take-out visit, after leaving the restaurant, we realized the sautéed beef was missing on one of the meals. We called, and because it was too late to return the order, the restaurant offered us a free meal on a return visit.

1  Thank Kamala_k