“It's a Hilton, but a tired Hilton.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I've stayed here a few times in the past when the Property was a Hilton, not a Double Tree. It's tired, the rooms need some attention. My first room, the AC broke, so they gave me another room. The bathroom light went out the next morning, and the toilet was horrible. Your bottom touched the water...unacceptable... I didn't complain because I didn't want to have to change rooms for a second time. The staff for the most part were friendly but a few, not so much. I am a Gold level member and when I checked in I got two small bottles of water, that's it. The lady after me, a Silver member got cookies, water....The next day I went down to the pantry but they don't have bottled water there so I asked the girl at the front desk. She told me they don't give out free water. I said I never asked for free water...she was rude...One tip if you park in handicap parking...there are no handicap spaces directly in front of the front door. They have a few handicap spaces in the middle of the property I think for guests to the restaurant....I think it's time to find another Hotel ion the area..I'm done with this one!

Room Tip: The Hallways are long so if you have trouble walking, aask for a room close to the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Brenda F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Chuck S,
I appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that you encountered many difficulties during your visit with us. I have shared this with the team as a learning tool. As a Hilton Honor member your loyalty is very important to us. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Stayed there on a summer weekend while attending a wedding in the area. It was very easy to find, and provided an easy on-off to the Baltimore Beltway. The staff were very friendly. The pool is large and an attached fitness center was outstanding! The room was clean and spacious.

Dear Fred L,

Thank you! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Hotel room very clean. The hotel is a bit worn around the edges and could use some updates. Housekeeping staff were excellent. Good service. The room was spacious, but lacking in side table or ottoman for chair. I love the digital key phone app where you can check in from your phone, select a room, and use it as the key!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear sandranA5TO,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. We will share this with our teams. I am so pleased you like the digital key app! Just don't forget to stop by during your stay to enjoy one of our warm cookies!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We stayed for two nights. The hotel feels a bit old and run down but the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I gave a four rating because the front desk service was so great. The woman who checked us in couldn't have done a better job -- very helpful, courteous, and went out of her way to welcome the children and get them a cookie. She accommodated our need for three rooms close to each other and checked to make sure we were happy with the outcome. The service in the bar was also very warm and friendly (although the drinks are pretty skimpy). The restaurant was terrible, but I will cover that in another review.

We will probably stay here again when in the area because the price was reasonable and the location fits our needs.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Brenda F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear slhFortSmith_AR,

I'm happy that our staff exceeded your expecations. I am concerned about your experience with the restaurant. Please contact us at your convience to discuss and allow us to share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Always get a good nights sleep knowing that I'm sleeping in a nice clean establishment... why do I have to type 200 word minimum that's funny I like to keep it short into the point extremely clean and I'll keep coming back

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brenda F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Natalie J,

Your response was perfectly worded. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stayed for two nights at the above hotel. It was not a good experience. The building gave the feeling of being old and not especially clean or well maintained. Torn curtains, static in the phone, running toilet, shower with water intermittently running hot and cold, sink whose water was either hot or cold, but nothing in-between, the carpet not well vacuumed. Our group had multiple rooms and every occupant had a negative story to tell. An inexpensive room does not mean substandard, as evidenced by Marriott's Fairfield Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Hilton should do better and Pikesville deserves better.

Room Tip: Try another hotel

Dear Barb1942,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the overall status of the hotel. I will forward your observations to the department heads. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations. I am sorry we did not do that for you.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I stayed here simply because it was the closest hotel to where I needed to be in Baltimore.

I must say that the hotel liason (maybe the manager), Brenda, was incredibly helpful. She was texting with me (she reached out first:)) back on forth on my room locations (I booked 2 rooms) even before I checked in. She then texted a follow up after the first day to see how everything was going and if I was satisfied. Now THAT is customer service!

Ebony, the agent at the counter for checkin, was also very pleasant and patient. Kudos.

However, the good service stopped there. The hotel is pretty run down and dated. Our bed sheets were dirty as well as the bathroom. They also did not clean our room(s) even though we were out the entire day. Housekeeping staff are rude and borderline incompetent (including the supervisor).

The pool area is surprisingly large as well as the pool itself. However it was not (or did not seem) heated. It was freezing. They also have a lifeguard on duty which is a nice touch, but the lifeguards act more like you're working for them rather than the other way around. Bossy and lazy.

Overall a pretty below average hotel.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear greyat15,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced cleanliness issues and lack of caring from some of our staff. I have brought this to the attention of the department heads to use this as a training tool. I am disappointed that your visit with us was filled with unsatisfactory performances.
Thank you so much for your feedback on Ebony and myself. We both truly appreciate it and are inspired.

Dir of Front Office

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
4.8 km away
6.2 km away
Residence Inn Baltimore Owings Mills
5.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!