“Good old fashioned country cooking”
Review of Dave White's Pittsville - CLOSED

Dave White's Pittsville
Reviewed February 16, 2015

If you're ever in the Salisbury area, travel on Old Ocean City Road east to Pittsville. Stop in at the Pittsville Dinette and enjoy their bountiful menu items. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Great home cooked meals, and good old fashioned service. And the price of the food is VERY reasonable. Dave White always comes over to our table to chat with us. He and his wife are terrific people. We return often to enjoy his specials. His restaurant is one of the last of a dying breed. One word of advice. Dave does not take credit cards. Pay in cash. I think he still has an ATM machine for convenience. Wife and I pay cash to avoid the ATM fees. Check this dinette out...you won't be sorry.

Date of visit: February 2015

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Lunch with family today coming from the airport, in a hurry to get to the beach. 5 of us, two pre-teens. We got 1 double hamburger, soup of the day, Lima. Several other sandwiches, and a grilled chicken salad. 2 milkshakes, made fresh from home made ice cream, delich! Salad had only iceberg lettuce, but was fresh and crisp, with tomato, onion, and cheddar. Service was quick and friendly. Nice for what we wanted. Everybody was pleased with their food choices.

Date of visit: June 2014
3  Thank MaryDotJ
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The food is excellent at Dave's. Unfortunately, though, there is one very unpleasant waitress to avoid. Old, white-haired lady named Cindy is very unpleasant. Always seems to be angry. Won't ever say Hello or Thank you. If you are unlucky enough to have her help you, don't ask for a coffee or drink refill. She won't bring it. Instead, she will avoid your table and go outside and smoke a cigarette. Unless Dave is there. It is unfortunate because the rest of the staff is pleasant and cordial. And, like I said before, the food is excellent. Avoid her like the plague.

3  Thank David583
Reviewed May 15, 2010

An unexpected detour on the way out of Ocean City to feed two hungry kids took us onto the single road that leads in / out / through Pittsville off MD-50. And am I ever glad it did. We stopped at this little nondescript diner, in this little place that looks untouched by commercial food, USA. I was relieved by the absence of a single pair of golden arches or god-forsaken cookie cutter Food Inc. shacks nearby. We walked in to be warmly greeted by two lovely ladies who seemed to be owners / waitresses / chefs - you name it. The walls were covered with Nascar paraphenelia, and a surpisingly full menu listed every home-cooked treat you might desire after a long day at the beach. I happened to be there on a day when they had a prime rib special - we had two teas, a chicken salad sandwitch (I should say 'samwich' as I expected Dennis the Menace or Opie Cunningham to walk through the doors any minute). The kids devoured two perfectly made sloppy PBJs, and feasted on home-made strawberry shortcake. All for ~ $30. If I wasn't sure this was real, I'd think I was in an unusually yummy episode of the twilight zone.

I can tell you, next time I go to OC, I'm stopping here on the way home instead of one of fifty Dough Rollers, Candy Kitchens, or "Original JR's Place for Ribs". After the culinary joke that is the ocean hwy side of OC, this was a welcome, home-cooked alternative.

Thanks, ladies, for ending our vacation on such a great note.

(They only accept cash or cheques, unfortunately, but no big deal... Andy Griffith never carried his Amex anywhere...)

5  Thank Dr_Al_Towson
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Delicious breakfast, generous quantity, low price. Service friendly, modest, prompt. Clean, tidy; pleasant ambience. Serves rural locals but extends same quiet welcome to strangers.

4  Thank Venturesome