“A mom and pop home cookin' 50's dinette - down to the choice of 5 pies and daily specials- amazing find!”

Dave White's Pittsville
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Pittsville
Reviewed 15 May 2010

An unexpected detour on the way out of Ocean City to feed two hungry kids took us onto the single road that leads in / out / through Pittsville off MD-50. And am I ever glad it did. We stopped at this little nondescript diner, in this little place that looks untouched by commercial food, USA. I was relieved by the absence of a single pair of golden arches or god-forsaken cookie cutter Food Inc. shacks nearby. We walked in to be warmly greeted by two lovely ladies who seemed to be owners / waitresses / chefs - you name it. The walls were covered with Nascar paraphenelia, and a surpisingly full menu listed every home-cooked treat you might desire after a long day at the beach. I happened to be there on a day when they had a prime rib special - we had two teas, a chicken salad sandwitch (I should say 'samwich' as I expected Dennis the Menace or Opie Cunningham to walk through the doors any minute). The kids devoured two perfectly made sloppy PBJs, and feasted on home-made strawberry shortcake. All for ~ $30. If I wasn't sure this was real, I'd think I was in an unusually yummy episode of the twilight zone.

I can tell you, next time I go to OC, I'm stopping here on the way home instead of one of fifty Dough Rollers, Candy Kitchens, or "Original JR's Place for Ribs". After the culinary joke that is the ocean hwy side of OC, this was a welcome, home-cooked alternative.

Thanks, ladies, for ending our vacation on such a great note.

(They only accept cash or cheques, unfortunately, but no big deal... Andy Griffith never carried his Amex anywhere...)

5  Thank Dr_Al_Towson

Reviewed 21 April 2009

Delicious breakfast, generous quantity, low price. Service friendly, modest, prompt. Clean, tidy; pleasant ambience. Serves rural locals but extends same quiet welcome to strangers.

4  Thank Venturesome