“First impression”

Pat's Pizzeria
Ranked #19 of 55 Restaurants in Rosedale
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 15, 2015 via mobile

I received a menu in the mail and decided to try out a new pizza joint. I called to place my order (2 XL 1 topping pizzas and 1 2 liter soda) and the woman who answered the phone seemed disinterested in good customer service. I tried to be pleasant and polite in my inquiries about this new restaurant, and she only responded with rudeness and disdain. I completed my order and waited. Within a half hour a delightful delivery driver showed up with 2 pizzas of superior quality and impeccable flavor arrived at my door. With a thick, tasty crust, an amazing sauce, and a wonderful cheese that not only was heavy handedly distributed, but tasted of high quality. The pepperoni was crisp with a bit of chew, and the gyro meat was magnificent. It was as though they had asked me personally what kind of pizza I wanted. I am in complete awe of how good this pizza is. Case in point, my first impression of this place was not good. I am glad I pursued and actually placed my order. I recommend the pizza, dig in and enjoy.

1  Thank Erik K

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have ordered from this restaurant many times with good or at least satisfactory results. However, I ordered today for the last time. I ordered nachos, advertised as having no meat, but I called to check and was assured there was no meat. After eating a good bit of the nachos, I found a few pieces of meat. I called the store back. The manager insisted there was no meat. I said that there definitely is this time and that it could make me sick. There was no apology whatsoever. He offered to make another one (? really?) but I said I'd like a refund. He said the only way to get a refund is to send his driver back to retrieve the half-eaten food. I replied that that's an unfair policy that inconveniences the customer and is unsanitary. Plus, I said, I will be leaving soon and can't wait here for the driver. Leave it outside the door, he suggested, or bring it in tomorrow. I ultimately said forget it and that I'd just never order from them again.

So essentially, this place lies to customers, has extremely poor food safety (they contaminate food and take half-eaten delivered food back into the kitchen! and is entirely not customer friendly. Hopefully this review will cost them a few orders.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We are new to the area. Pat's is one of the better pizza delivery places. They have a huge menu. This makes it nice not to have to order pizza all the time. I would recommend giving them try if you delivery to your hotel.

David

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Italian sub was OK, chesse steak was dry. Delivery service is good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 5, 2009

They have good BarBQue Chicken pizza and their rustic sandwiches are tasty.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook