“Consistently good food”

Cafe Italiano of Salisbury
Ranked #38 of 217 Restaurants in Salisbury
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Great NY Style Pizza (soft flour crust, with a slight charred crunch to outside) with lots of quality cheese, my 7 year old son's favorite pizza. (he'll eat the entire crust, not just take a couple bites as he does with bread/greek style pizzas) I personally love getting grilled chicken, sweet peppers, onions and minced garlic, the garlic really sets it off.

They have the best chicken cheesesteak subs, made with real chunks of chicken (no frozen processed sheets here), again they are really good with sweet peppers. I personally do not like the roll, as it is a soft almost potato-bread type consistency and I prefer a good italian sub roll with chew, but other people may like it. But the filling more than makes up for the roll.

Their pastas are awesome, seasoned well, and the noodles are cooked/salted just right. The pastas are all value priced and well worth it, as they also include yummy garlic knots and a fresh little side salad.

Their strombolis are great too (as is their "chicken roll" which is a chicken parm stromboli) - be sure to get a cup of extra sauce with your order. Their steak fries are plentiful and cooked perfect each time.

Oh and their salads are very good value, and their grilled chicken option is great. The chicken is quite flavorful and cooked just right. This grilled chicken is also an option for their regular pasta dishes, I enjoy penne with garlic and oil topped with the grilled chicken, or broccoli saute topped with chicken.

I personally do not like their cold subs, as it's not the quality of meats I prefer (especially don't like the turkey which is my go-to cold sub) and again I'm not a fan of the soft roll. Their chicken tenders are pretty bland and seem to be undercooked frequently.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Had a hankering for some steamed shrimp that delivers. Ordered a pound of steamed shrimp, just looked like 3/4 lb, but dang if it wasn't tasty. This will be my go to steamed shrimp place. Excellently streamed, adequately placed old bay and tender morsels of deliciousness. Can't wait to get paid so I can order another pound!

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

I ordered pizza and it was uncooked. Fries were soggy. I do not recommend this place. They need to improve theirselves

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Good People run this. Lots of food for the price. Delicious and the portions are generous. Wait staff very nice. Locals run this.

1  Thank Teetrader
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We ordered subs and had it delivered. I had ordered my sub with a toasted roll, but when it arrived, it wasn't toasted. I order my roll toasted because the roll gets soggy . Had to throw half of it away. We also ordered mozz. sticks , but they were cold in the middle... Very dissapointed.

Been to Cafe Italiano of Salisbury? Share your experiences!