“Bed Bugs”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed over night and got bed bug bites all over my upper torso

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Tammy176

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here on our way to the Outer Banks, and will stay again this year. We got a two room suite and it was perfect. Very clean and well maintained looking. The lady who was working the front desk was very friendly and helpful, both when I called with a question before reserving the room and again when I checked in. The breakfast are was clean and pleasant, the variety was decent. All in all, a nice place to stay. The rates are really too high compared to others in the area, that's my only complaint.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank svan1771
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Our rooms were in the back on the first floor and they were very "beat-up", cob-webs in the corner along with a bed which had a large "stain" on the sheets. The Inn appeared to be in a state of neglect: glass very high in the courtyard, hallway rug very dirty along with a poor overall appearance. The breakfast area was very small and "tight" and had a very limited menu. The staff was friendly, but they cannot make-up for a place that is being neglected in day to day up-keep and yearly improvements. I would have left after one day if other hotels/motels in the Salisbury area had not been "booked" up. Stay away from this place - the motel 6 has to be better and less espensive.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms might be better if you have to stay here
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mentor117760
Reviewed 28 July 2011

choice hotels international is the worst hotel chain to have to deal with. For starters i book my reservation over the phone while heading to my destination Salisbury, MD. I could hardly understand the person taking my information cause he was foreign. After booking my room for two nights i thought i was good till i arrived, as it turned out, they booked my room for Seaford, DE. I tried to get my wrong reservation canceled and they wouldnt, even though it was their fault. I had to resort to calling my credit card company to refuse payment. Once I finally resolved that issue and checked in to the correct hotel I was woken up early in the morning by barking dogs...you heard me right....BARKING DOGS coming from the room next to me. I called the front desk and they told me they could do nothing "its a pet friendly hotel" they tell me. I ended up leaving the hotel an when i asked for a credit they refused. I shared my bad experience with the choice international hotel chain website and they never replied back. Do yourself a favor and avoid choice hotels international, these include COMFORT INN, COMFORT SUITES, QUALITY INN, SLEEP INN, CLARION, CAMBRIA SUITES, MAIN STAY SUITES, SUBURBAN, ECONO LODGE, ROADWAY INN, and finaly ASCEND COLLECTION HOTELS....this brand has no clue what customer service means to people, they will however allow pets roam free and wake everyone up as well as book you a room in some place other than where you plan to stay...its like having an airline lose your luggage.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank magnumxl2
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My wife and I began our trip from Vermont to Virginia with a stay at this Cofort Inn, I had read variuos reviews before choosing this hotel, I read some negative comments, but I found the staff helpful, the room clean, and the cost a little over $100/nt.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VermontduoWindsor
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I've been a regular customer to this hotel for over a year now and I can say I have never had a bad experience. Sure, things aren't working sometimes but they are quickly remedied with one call to the front desk. The room is always clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

I recall one day I checked in to find the toilet seat slightly broken. I reported the problem to the front desk and in a very short period of time someone was there to fix the problem. They didn't try to fix the old seat, they brought a brand new toilet seat with them (without me asking) and installed the new one in minutes. To me that's customer service.

They seem to constantly updating the facilities and amenities. They have improved the exterior through landscaping and I noticed during my last visit they were installing new microwaves in the rooms.

I am a picky lodger but I find the Comfort Inn in Salisbury to be convenient, comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We stayed at this location because it was cheaper than staying in Ocean City, MD. We returned to the hotel after dark, then settled in for bed. My son got up to go to the bathroom around 1:00AM, and discovered (2) bed bugs under the covers. They were actually found in both beds, and I believe they were coming from behind the headboard that's built into the wall! I complained to the lady at the front who didn't seem too surprised. She did switch our room in the middle of the night, and stated she'd leave the manager, Paul a message. I spoke with him in the morning, and he seemed to know nothing about the situation. In fact, he really didn't seem too concerned at all. He offered to give me a 20% discount, but this was unacceptable. After continuing to explain what an awful night I had, he finally decided to waive the fee. Very RUDE!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family