See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2016

This place has been remodeled. I found the room to be clean, comfortable, and a good value for the money. They made very good use
of the space for the size of the room. I'd consider it more of a one or two night stay kind of place as there are no closets or dressers in the room. One thing I found petty were all the little signs they have taped to things around the lobby. Things like you'll be charged $50 for stealing toilet paper and don't fill coolers from the ice machine kind of stuff. It's not real welcoming. All in all it's a decent place to crash.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweetlu4
Reviewed May 4, 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights for a dog show. I stayed on the second floor on the quiet side of the building. My non-smoking room did not smell of smoke, which I appreciated. My room was clean, with no ick factor, and I appreciated the fridge and microwave. The decor is basic but recent and simple, and I like the laminate floors instead of carpet. I had some packages delivered to me, and the front desk folks were very friendly about bringing them up for me and taking away the boxes. The motel is close to Panera, DQ, and some other places. Sometimes I think people check into a budget motel expecting a Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Back side; second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Mocheleros
Reviewed October 15, 2015

They had to turn the electric off in my home town and I am handicapped; need electric to run my oxygen concentrator and ventilator.

We got there at about 10:00 pm. Despite prices listed on sign and online of $49, they charged us $60 +$10 puppy fee for our bichon, Despite the fact they were less than a 3rd full they also refused to give us a room by our car. It takes my husband half an hour to get all my eqpt moved in and he had to be at work the next day. He works early. The place reeks of that perfume, even though it is non smoking. I sit on the one bed. There is what looks like an old pee stain and a fresh one next to the other bed. I will admit i did not stick my hand in it, though my dog got rather bouncy. Then he jumps on the bedspread and goes nuts! Digging and sniffing. I look and there are brown streaky stains on it. I fold both of them down to the bottom of the bed carefully. There are no blankets anywhere. The clock does not work. The tv is listed at over 26 channels. There only 15 that work. 3 are news, 3 are sports, 1 is cartoon, and 3 are 20 year old movies. that leaves 5 regular broadcast stations playing local news. As i go to get a drink of water, i notice that the rug is almost solid gray.

i call them and complain. they say they already discounted the dog by $5. I say you are kidding me. They call back offer me another room or i can check out for a refund. I explain second time that unless they are willing to help it takes my husband too long, he needs his rest and I can not help, plus they have to reassure me, it does not smell, otherwise it is pointless. They call back want me to go smell, I explain my handicap again. Ask are they willing to help us move if my husband smells. No, despite the fact there was noone up front when we first got there and now there are two, they can spare noone at what is now 11:30 pm. Oh and the last room offered was one of the empty ones we saw by our car. thank goodness, it is the last time they call and all they have offered is the dog fee of $10. Never once came to even look.

The next morning, my hubby checked out. insult to injury, they asked we not return, because somehow their refusal to help was our fault? Question is who got hurt, would you be willing to go back there?

Room Tip: go to a different motel
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

Patrick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to be a pet-friendly hotel, but apologize if/when their presence presents an inconvenience to other guests. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

Stayed at this hotel for a night last summer. It's been rehabbed in the last few years but its pretty basic as best. Overall the room was clean although you can tell it's old. There was a lot of noise from fellow guest as well as people handing out in the parking lot. The place smelled a little musty. However for a room under $100 its not bad it you don't mind a few issues

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2015

Clean, modern rooms. Easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Front quarter of motel smells of curry. Hallways stink of cigarette smoke. Undersized flat sheets on beds. I'd recommend this motel to some, not others as my wife.

Room Tip: Half the rooms face a busy road. The other half face a quiet area.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank sbtpbl
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern and bed comfort issues you describe. We apologize for the noise inconveniences you experienced and for the unsatisfactory response you received to your complaint. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.