“Make Sure You Leave Room for Crab Dip”
Review of Ram's Head Tavern

Ram's Head Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ram's Head Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Savage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We stop here anytime we are in Savage and always leave room for crab dip. We also enjoyed the shrimp and grits as well as the Dynamite burger. The shrimp and grits is nice and spicy as was the burger. The burger was perfectly cooked and the fries were hot. We had Ashley G. as our server and we recommend that you ask for her. She knows her stuff, she made some excellent recommendations and paced our food so that we finished one part of our meal before starting another.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Went last weekend to Salvage Mill Antique Center and had a first visit to the tavern which is located inside the Salvage Mill Complex. Food was average a little pricey for lunch. We usually eat at the French Cafe but in was crowed. Service was good. Menu mostly burgers. Don't know if I will try again.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Basing this review on an average of 3 visits.

I came to the Ram's Head three times to go to trivia night. On all three occasions, service was slow, though I accept the place was very busy due to the ongoing trivia. One of the servers we got was very friendly, the other less so.

On my first visit I had a burger - forgot its name but it had a big chilli pepper on top. No complaints here, burger tasted good, as did the fries.

On my second visit, I opted for the Philly cheesesteak. This was a little more disappointing - there wasn't very much filling at all, and the meat was fairly flavourless.

On my final visit I chose the calamari, which a friend had gotten on a previous visit. Of all the calamari I've ever eaten, this was definitely the worst. The squid was overcooked, and the batter didn't taste like it was seasoned at all - very bland and tasteless. In the end I left half of it (something I've been brought up never to do!).

On a positive note, they have good beer here - a nice selection of very tasty ales.

Just be careful with what food you order!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

The setting cannot be beaten. We ate outside atop a fiercely running stream. If there's no breeze, eat inside. While the menu looked interesting, it might be my fault for only ordering a BLT, but the home baked toasted bread was not yummy and the scant mayo made the sandwich dry. While it's usually a perfect lunch in tomato season, this one was just flat in flavor and composition. One friend had a salmon BLT on a rosemary pita that was likely more flavorful.
The waitstaff were very personable.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We stopped in for drinks a bite after shopping for antiques during happy hour. We were in the dining room, and I asked if the happy hour prices applied here as well as the Bar. Our waitress was stunned. She asked around and said no. We then went down one floor to the Bar. The menu was the same except the drinks were $2:00 less and the appetizers half price. We ordered four apps and cocktails and our tab was 50% less than upstairs. Stay in the Bar area, better service, better prices.