“Good location!”

Homewood Suites Silver Spring
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed 31 May 2017

This is my usual place to stay when I travel to the area for business on a monthly/bimonthly basis. I stayed here for 4 nights recently. The location of this hotel is good with many restaurants in walking distance. My check-in was quick and receptionist (his name sounded like John) was pleasant! My room was clean; everything worked; bath towels were cheap quality type though; complimentary breakfast and evening appetizers were not as good as a few years ago. One problem I had was "Do Not Disturb" sign did not work. I had "Do Not Disturb" sing on my door at all times. However, a cleaning lady knocked on my door a couple of time, then she opened my door and came to my room. It was about 10:30 AM, while check-out time was 12:00 PM. I do not understand why the cleaning lady ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sing on my door.

Room Tip: ask for a room on high floor

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Saw roaches in the kitchenette area of our suite shortly after we got there. Moved 2 floors down to another suite that appeared to be bug-free. On the last trip up to the old suite to retrieve our stuff, housekeeping was already in there tidying up as they had already rented out the suite. Housekeeper did not know about the roaches, so obviously they rented the room without exterminating the bugs. Also, a blanket in the 2nd suite was stained all over with what appeared to be blood (?!?). Overall room condition aside from these things is not that great, especially for the price. Also, be advised that there is a giant construction project going on next door...no way to know this when booking, but the hotel offers free earplugs. Seriously?!?

1  Thank R8913PGjamesb
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This place continues to go downhill. Just a few years ago its complementary breakfast and evening social were second to none. Now they are both left wanting. The breakfast is sometimes nasty, who puts onions and peppers in scrambled eggs? I would have been better off at the hampton breakfast. The evening social is a joke. Basically salad and water. Just a few years ago they offered complimentary soda and a substantial bite to eat like lasagna and hamburgers. Now it isn't even worth checking out.

1  Thank phillipk812
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I kept starring at the same bobby pin on the floor of the bathroom every night of my stay. Even after replacing the pillows they were flat and not comfortable. The desk staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Craig E
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Great location since we used the Metro to visit the Washington Mall as well. Great area for shopping and restaurants. The breakfast being included was a nice plus. Parking at the municipal lots being free on weekends was great as well.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I actually passed the hotel's entrance twice. It's a VERY small entrance and there is a lot of construction so I wish there was better signage. The driveway is a very, very small entrance with mandatory valet parking (or park at public lots and walk back to hotel). I don't have a problem with the valet parking - I know I'm in the metro DC area and parking is not going to be in a large parking lot. I just feel there should be a much larger sign and more space to just get into the hotel.
Now for the good - WONDERFUL stay. Each person I encountered was smiling and professional to the max. My room was wonderful. Loved my room. I will actually try to get the same room, or at least on the 12th floor, again.

Room Tip: I loved being on the 12th floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank glorias723
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Very nice stay in Silver Spring Homewood Suites!! Excellent Customer Service!! I love to stay at a hotel where I feel like I am part of the family. From the time of arrival till departing, I felt like I was the Number 1 guest!! Arrived early and Benjamin, one of the Managers, made sure that I got a room earlier than check-in time!! He checked on me several times to ensure that I enjoyed my stay and that everything met my expectations! All of the staff was so friendly and made me feel welcomed!! Breakfast was great. Hotel is located close to the Metro, just a block or so! Also in walking distance to many restaurants and shopping! When leaving the weather was a little rainy and Chris took me to the Metro in the Hotel van, I didn't even have to ask!! Very satisfied with my stay!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business