All reviews valet parking complimentary breakfast metro station self park valet staff oatmeal shuttle service across the street corner room dc area three blocks same building indoor pool few blocks silver fillmore garage
Reviewed May 12, 2016

Very conveniently located in downtown Silver Spring and in walking distance and easy access to metro and restaurants. Price was affordable and the room was clean and spacious. The breakfast starts at six a.m.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
jimsalvo, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2016

Glad you enjoyed your stay - visit again soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2016

My husband and I missed our train from NYC to DC on Friday evening, the night we were supposed to check-in to the Hampton Inn. I called Friday evening and let them know we still wanted the room for that night, as we wanted to shower and freshen up before going to see my husband's family on Saturday morning, and we rebooked onto the next train, a 3am one, getting us in at 6:30am. They said no problem and also said they noted it down on our reservation. Flash forward to Saturday morning...

We showed up at the hotel around 7am, on very little sleep, to hear from an expressionless girl behind the counter that the hotel was sold out. She had a plain rude look on and when I'd told her we already had a reservation and explained our situation she only responded again with, "yeah, but we're sold out, even if you wanted to get another room right now (aka pay again), we couldn't do it for you." Enraged at this point and on so little sleep, we asked for the manager. He happened to be at the next desk over immediately next to her, he'd notably been listening to the whole conversation, and yet he didn't come over until we asked for him, even though it was obvious things were escalating in a bad way. After typing a few things into the computer, he apologized and said he did see our reservation and they do have rooms available. He said they wouldn't charge us for Friday night's room, and would instead charge us an early check-in fee for Saturday. He also told us the rate was now $5 cheaper than we'd originally booked, so he'd give us that rate. We were satisfied and went up to shower.

The room itself was fine. It was actually large with a king bed and a seating area. It was very much a two star hotel though, nothing especially nice and the radiator was very loud. I appreciated that the tub had sides, so you could easily put toiletries on the sides or shave. The room did feel especially dark, even though it had windows. Our room was not cleaned while we were there, even though it was supposed to have been a two night room, so it should've been cleaned once. We had to call and request new shower towels. First we were brought hand towels, and we had to call down again. Service was NEVER friendly.

There's free breakfast, mostly pastries, and some sausage-like looking meat. We had some tea/coffee and went to meet with family.

Upon checking out, when we were asked how our stay was, I told the lady (new manager on duty), it was mediocre at best. After printing out receipt out, she said in a very I-couldn't-care-less voice and attitude, "do you want to tell me why," instead of asking me and actually looking me in the eye right after I'd say mediocre. I didn't respond, knowing she wouldn't do anything or care. It turns out they only charged us $56 overall, including taxes, due to all of our mix-ups. We were supposed to have paid $250 for two nights, so $56 instead was a big break. They'd have gotten one star from me if not for making it right like that, but I still won't be staying again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jimsalvo, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

I am sorry that your stay was not up[ to standard as your comments are certainly not the norm. I do hope you allow us another opportunity to regain your trust should your travels take you back our way.

Reviewed May 10, 2016

good staff, comfortable, clean room, walking distance to the Metro and to restaurants. Has ok breakfast and good staff who will help you if you need a better breakfast. parking is a royal pain in the rear end

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the post and hope to see you return!

Reviewed May 9, 2016

I was very happy with my stay at this hotel, with the exception being the valet parking service. My colleague and I were in town for business. We had a rental car, and the only parking option offered by the hotel was valet for $17/day. When we pulled up to check in, the valet told us to give about 20 min notice to the front desk staff any time we needed the car. It was our plan to check in, drop off our bags, and immediately leave for dinner. So we told him that we will need the car in about.......20 minutes. In other words, it would be pointless for him to go park the car. His response: "Well I can't just leave it here." After a few minutes of haggling with him, he did end up "just leaving it there." about 20 minutes later, we were on our way, as promised. This hotel, along with other Hilton Brand hotels in the area, now offers guests the option of communicating with the staff via text message. On day 2 of our stay, we texted the front desk staff that we needed our car, with about 30 min of advanced notice. The agent asked for our valet ticket number, which we provided, and she confirmed that the car would be ready at the time we requested. When we went up front to get our car, it was not there despite the 30 min of notice we gave them. It then took another 20 minutes for them to get our car. This is simply unacceptable, as it makes it nearly impossible for us to maintain our schedule if we can't get our car. That said, we were pleased with every other aspect of this hotel. I found it to be a bit pricey for a Hampton Inn, but somewhat inline with hotels in the area. I have learned that there is a "self park" garage in the area (walking distance) that costs about $10/night. If I do stay here again, I will take that option. If the hotel staff would have mentioned this as an alternative to valet, I would have taken that option, and my feedback would be 100% positive.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
jimsalvo, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Thank you for your comments and do apologize about the valet parking situation. I hope you return in the future and allow us an opportunity to regain your full trust. Safe travels.

Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately we were there when there was a very big event going on down the street at the theater so there were a lot of very loud and rowdy other guests. Pool got crowed and attendant was basically useless. Location is great within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and train. Accommodations and breakfast were nice and basic set up for typical business traveler.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jimsalvo, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Thanks for the post and hope to see you return on a quieter weekend so you can enjoy the facilities a bot more. Safe travels......