“Great food at a great price”

Mandalay Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 419 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Burmese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience at Mandalay. The service was good, the food was prepare quickly, my coconut and curry chicken was very good and I really enjoyed their desserts. I tried the cream of wheat and the coconut ice-cream. I would recommend Mandalay to everyone.

Reviewed April 17, 2016

The food comes very quickly. The food is cheap. The menu has tons of vegetarian and vegan options. The tables are fun and circular for large groups. And then the food taste: INCREDIBLE! It's so good and I cannot believe it's not #1 in Silver Spring. It's in the top 10 in DC area for sure.

You'll never guess that you've been missing out on Burmese food until you come.

Downsides: Parking is tough and there aren't many spots. And alcohol is sparse in the restaurant.

Reviewed April 3, 2016

Had dinner at Mandalay on a Sat. eve. Party of 3. Service was prompt to start with but uneven the rest of the night. We were rather forgotten for long stretches. When we ordered we were given the option of mild or medium spice. Not liking bland foods, we ordered both dishes medium. The shrimp dish which was a red curry was so hot as to be nearly inedible. This dish should have some kick to it but if what I got was "medium", "hot" would have been hazardous waste. The pork dish was much better. The dessert was quite good. (Burmese dish made of cream of wheat, coconut milk, raisins.) The noodle dish we ordered for the 10 year old in our group was good.

Reviewed March 15, 2016 via mobile

Excellent menu selection. My favorite is the mustard one, can't remember it's exact name. Hate mustard but love this dish

Reviewed March 6, 2016

Tried the special coconut curry chicken, catfish in tamarind sauce and the ginger salad, all based on the recommendation of the server. The perfect balance and each dish was terrific. I've visited Burma and the owners reminded me of the friendly people I met there. If you like Indian food and Thai food, this is somewhere in between and I promise you will like it.