“Excellent experience”

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Great place to stay in DC. This hotel is 5 min from the Metro and close to some great restaurants and a brewery. The staff is friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my room and valet parking was cheaper than the other Silver Spring and D.C. Hotels.

Room Tip: Recommend the 2 queen bed room on the 6th floor on a clear day and you can see the Capitol building...
Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 20 March 2017

My room was clean, and the hotel in general was clean. My for a Monday visit at $221 seemed a bit high for the area. When I came down for breakfast at 9:15 that was nothing left. Overall, my stay was OK and I would stay again for the right price.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Hello Jasper729,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you found our property clean. However, we failed to meet your expectations during breakfast. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and for any shortfalls you have experienced. I have forwarded your comments to our hotel management for us to assist you better in the future.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The Holiday Inn was very nice, we had no problems. We arrived on a Friday afternoon @4pm & there was plenty of parking available in the lot. The room was nice, we had hot water for showers every morning. We picked this hotel due to the location, it was @ 5 minute walk to friends house who we were visiting for the weekend. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel was just your typical Holliday inn. It is close to a metro station, so that's good. It smelled kind of musty, and like marijuana in the elevators.

It is a little bit of a pain to have to valet your car at certain times. The breakfast was good and the staff was very kind.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Hi Amanda C,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. It is good to hear that you had a satisfying breakfast experience and found our staff to be friendly. However, I would like to apologize for the unusual smell of the elevator facility that you had to endure. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

While I understand you did not have an overall great stay, I sincerely hope to get another chance to give you a more pleasurable stay should you be in the area again.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

This was the perfect location for our visit. The hotel is clean, the staff is welcoming, the mall and Metro are in walking distance and of course the breakfast is always good.

We will definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed here and will continue to do so when I'm in the area. Conveniently located. Very nice room with microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. Plenty of plugs for chargers. 4 pillows on each bed, 2 marked firm and 2 marked soft. Thought that was a good idea. There is charge for parking but I was able to find a street spot convenient both nights. No charge for overnite street parking until 9am. Several breakfast options incl hot and cold. The eggs and pancakes weren't great, but quick and convenient. Since breakfast is free, I was satisfied. Staff very pleasant every time I've been there.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times for meetings about 1/2 mile away. It is a typical Holiday Inn Express - nothing fancy but clean and efficient. All in all the front desk staff is accommodating and friendly. However - The GM of the facility is a jerk . I have asked on numerous occasions if I could take the available shuttle van to my meetings ( van is in the parking lot not being used) - I was told NO - that the van ONLY goes to a coffee shop across from the Metro and back. When I indicated that my destination is on the way to their stop - I was told again 'NO" the General Manager says no stops. Customer Service at it's finest - You know - nice hotel but I think this was my last time here

Room Tip: Don't expect a shuttle ride
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Margie A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear Camguy,

Please accept my humble apology. Due to insurance regulations, our shuttle is permitted to go to one destination. We hope that you understand that if we begin to vary from our requirements for one guest then we would feel obligated to do it for others and this would violate our insurance clause. Once again please accept my apology and I hope that you visit us again.

Travel Safely and enjoy life.