“Half the price, twice the value!”

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Once again I found myself on redeye hoping I would be able to check in early as I had a meeting at 10 am and arrived at 8 am. They accommodated me beautifully. Great corner room on 4th floor, clean King with everything I needed as I was on my on. DC was nearly sold out so I found myself about 20 min north of my conference so I took Uber (hint: use Uber or a Cab in DC, not Lyft as every time I ordered, the driver got lost trying to pick me up, took forever: they don’t know DC). The value I got here was outstanding: half the price and I got a free hot breakfast every day, cold lemonade in the afternoon when I came back a couple of times for calls (and cookies for those who wanted them), and workout room. There’s even a 7-Eleven next door for whatever you forgot and the Metro Silver Springs station is a 10 min walk. Near the stations are Rite Aid and CVS, a Giant Grocery story and a bunch of restaurants nearby. Nearly across the street from the hotel is a great local micro brewery Denizen with a Happy Hour so lots of options. Service at the Front Desk was excellent from Lise and Alex. Karen the manager is Pros Pro and housekeeping was excellent (remember to ALWAYS tip your made and you will have a very clean room). Getting a cab or Uber never took more than 2-3 min. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: 422 at the end of the hall great for a single or couple, some rooms have a BALCONY!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TheTravelHawks
Karen S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hello there, we here at the Holiday inn Express Silver Spring MD strives for the best customer service you could ever give to a guest and as we read your review it seems like we have accomplished our goal! Everything that you mention in your review was excellent and correct. We want you to know that we vaule your feedback and will use this review to show the staff that once again we have made another guest happy. Please come back and visit if your ever in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

This chain seems to have settled for taking care of the business crowd who are not on much of an expense budget. I found myself in exactly that situation, and got exactly that. The hotel is neither ugly nor beautiful, and the service is neither good nor bad. It is just average. Perhaps the only relative stand out was the breakfast, which was pretty hearty, and I had no major complaints about that. All in all, if I were on the same budget, I would stay here again, but if I had a bigger budget, I would stay somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Karen S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Town P

I would like to apologize to you for not meeting your expectations at our hotel. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible not just average. I am happy you like our hearty breakfast. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We have stayed at this hotel several times however this time my husband had bed bug bites the day we left on his arm. This can happen at any hotel as many big cities have lots of turnover and the bugs hitchhike on peoples luggage. Upon showing them to the desk person she said she'd have the manager call us as she was out of the hotel in classes. She eventually contacted me after I sent her an email that night after not hearing all day and called me the next day. I would suggest if management is offsite they let the next in charge figure out what to do before the person leaves. We stayed two nights, one paid for and one with points. They returned the points and 2000 xtra points for the points night although she said she gave me 5000 xtra. Personally, I would have returned both nights. The manager was very understanding though as was I. Bed bugs can happen anywhere anytime however they do spoil your stay. I do think they will try to resolve the problem in that room, the staff and management at the hotel are attentive to the customer and hotel. Would I stay here again? I'm not sure, it is the most convenient place for me to visit my daughter but it may be awhile and I surely will closely examine the bed but they do live under nightstands also. The hotel does have a great location, typical express breakfast included and other than noisy wall units for ac/heat it is not a bad choice. The location is safe it is an urban area with apartments, churches, around and a gas station across the street. Just be careful and look for bugs and if you are lucky to see one before you sleep ask for another room.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear 4vrongo,

I'm glad to that you spent the night at our property and you were able to take advantage of your Reward Night. I will certainly forward your commendations for the service from our cordial hotel staff members. I also enjoy reading your kind words for our prime location. I wish I could say the same with your remarks about the cleanliness of your rooms. I'm sorry that it fell short of your expectations but I'm very impressed of your understanding of the incident. I still want to thank you for bringing your concern to our attention since this will help us to pinpoint the areas that need more attention in our goal to excellence. Your membership to the IHG Rewards Club is much appreciated and in spite of the setback, I hope we can be your go-to hotel every time your travels bring you back in the area so we can make it up to you.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Good location to visit Washington via metro. Basic room facilities; clean and adequate for a 3 night stay. Had OUTSTANDING HELP FROM STAFF AT FRONT DESK, specially RAHEL. Thank you.
Still,
Suggestion for urgent improvement: dispose of plastic cutlery and paper plates, etc for breakfast. What a waste!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Karen S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear tg857,

I want to thank you for staying with us and so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention so we can better ourselves in the future.
Again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I usually don't take time to post a review on the places i've stayed at, but this time I had to. The service that I received from Sean Pinket (He was in charge of the front desk) was truly amazing. Not only did he help me move from a room that I didn't like, he helped me moved my stuff to the new room personally. He was very polite and a true professional. I'm staying at this hotel for about a week and a half and he really made my stay a great one. This is just my way of saying thank you .

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear O-SMOOTH C

I want to thank you for staying with us and so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am so happy my front desk agent have make you feel amazing. Thank you for your great rating and wonderful review.
Again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I stayed at this hotel during business trip to Bethesda and Washington dc.
The location is a little bit far from NY subway station Silver springs.
It’s about 15 minutes walk from the subway station.
During daytime, I think Silver springs is safe, and I don’t experience dangerous feeling

In comparison with the center of Washington DC,
this hotel is a more reasonable price than that in the center of Washington.
So, I stayed at this hotel.

The hotel is very comfortable, and staff is very kind.
This is usual chain hotel, so I feel relieved.

In the room, bed was nice, and WiFi and other equipment is well installed.

Breakfast is also usual American style breakfast, I like it.

Next to this hotel, there is a 7-eleven store

When I go to Silver springs or Washington DC, this hotel is definitely a candidate for me.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank pooky503is

Dear Pooky503,

I want to thank you for your kind feed back we do appreciate it. I am so happy you like the room, the staff and our breakfast. I am glad you stay with us during your business trip we hope you stay with us again.

Have a wonderful day

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Small rooms, and a bit far from Washington DC for doing business. The rooms are overheated, but fortunately one window could be opened. Very small but adequate bathroom. The breakfast was good, but standard fare.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Karen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Marc F,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express WASHINGTON DC N-SILVER SPRING.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 301-565-3444 or karensantana@ihmproperties.com.

Karen Santana