Our stay at this Holiday Inn Express was great: clean, attractive room with a Keurig, microwave and fridge. Friendly staff. Breakfast was included. The one minor inconvenience was the lack of a towel rack and door hook in the bathroom, which was kind of odd, but I was very, very happy with our choice.
The Metro stop is about 1/2 mile away, across from a small shopping plaza that houses a Peet's coffee, Asian restaurant, barber shop, nail salon, Italian (or pizza) restaurant, 24-hour CVS and a Giant supermarket. The hotel has a shuttle that'll bring you to the stop and pick you up on your way back. (They'll give you a card with the number for your return trip.) Be sure to double check the hours for the shuttle beforehand. We walked most times, but it sure was welcome after walking over 10 miles one day when I had blisters from my shoes!
The red line will take you into the city, with a couple of different stops in close proximity to the National Mall.
We flew into Baltimore, and directions from this airport weren't on the hotel website. The hotel was about a $50 Uber ride from the airport. You can also take the B30 bus ($7.50) to the Greenbelt Metro station and hop on the Metro. Take the green line, transfer to the red line at Fort Totten, and go 2 stops on the red line to the Silver Springs Metro stop. It's easy but the B30 bus doesn't run on weekends (so our return trip became a $40 Uber ride from Greenbelt to Baltimore airport).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 127 Newly Renovated Guest Rooms & Public Area's as of December 16, 2014 Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Restaurants & Lounge's within walking distance Interior Corridors, Two Elevators & every guest room has a Microwave & Refrigerator 4 blocks from Metro Station Complimentary Shuttle(7am-9pm/Mon-Fri) Valet & Self-Parking available($10 a day) Bus Parking is Free for Groups Free Fitness Center & Business Center Stay with us to earn & use your IHG Rewards any where in the World & with us Free Wireless & Cable High Speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring