“Must have been an off day”

Black Walnut Point Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Tilghman B&B and Inns
Newark, Delaware
“Must have been an off day”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

First off, let me say that everyone there is very nice. The location is beautiful and very serene. However, as far as calling them luxury cabins, that is a little bit of a stretch. Cabin would do. They are nothing fancy, but not horrible either. Now on to my big complaint. The ants. We stayed for two nights, and didn't leave at all. We brought food to make in the kitchen for all of our meals. It is very hard to use a kitchen and keep food when there are ants everywhere. We ended up keeping our food in the fridge so the ants couldn't get into it. I am talking food that should not have to be in a fridge. We actually talked about leaving early b/c it was so gross. We killed quite a few before we found the ant spray in the room, and used it all over the place. Then we had to air the room out (I am pregnant and should not be inhaling that) and it was freezing. But what else could we do? I wanted to tell the innkeeper but every time I saw him there were others around and I didn't want to complain in front of the other guests. So when we checked out I informed him and all he said was he would spray before the next guests came. No sorry, no let me make it up to you somehow.....Very odd reaction in my book. So I won't be going back. Also, my husband wanted me to mention on here that we are vegetarian, and when I called and booked I asked if this would be a problem and he said no. I told him again when we checked in, but they didn't go out of their way to have yummy breakfast for us. Both mornings they had egg suffles with meat in them and then either pancakes or french toast. It was good, but it would have been nice to have more options like the other guests.

Room Tip: The yew tree has the best views, but beware of the ants.
2 Thank Shopping0704

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We truly enjoyed our one night get away. The sunset and sunrise were both truly amazing. The location is gorgeous. Bob and Tracey are accomodating. This location has such a special spirit. Peggy's pancakes are truly the best I've had! Highly recommend this location.

Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Friendly and accomadating innkeepers that share the "secrets of the island", cozy rooms, serene setting,secluded, the beauty of the meeting of the Choptank river and Chesapeake bay, peaceful walks, incredible sunsets and wonderful breafasts..You will come back to your home refreshed...we will be back soon.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My friend and I spent one night at the Inn and what a glorious and peaceful experience! being surrounded by water on 3 sides is amazing and hard to imagine until you are there...I felt like I was in my own "little Island". The Innkeepers were so accomodating and friendly. The breakfast was DEEEEElicious...Thank you! I would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the cabins...loved it!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed 4 March 2012

If you just want to get away, destress, read a good book, watch a DVD, and enjoy the quiet, this is the place. It is at the end of the road, surrounded by water on three sides. Last night's sunset over the Chesapeake Bay was spectacular--and so was this morning's breakfast of egg-filled crepes and bread pudding. If you can, rent a cabin--you get a lot more space and a kitchen. In the main house, you'll hear the chimes of the grandfather clock every 15 minutes so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. There's lots of space in the Florida room and the living room of the main house.
Tilghman Island is a very quiet place--you come here to escape, not for the nightlife and the shopping.

• Stayed March 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 3 March 2012

It’s a very special place, at the end of the road, surrounded by water views on three sides, at the very tip Tilghman Island. Once you drive past the old radar tower site, and get onto the gravel road that takes you thru the march (which contains a large bird sanctuary), you are far from the maddening crowds. I could just feel the stress peeling off me and a sense of peace and wonder. It’s hard to describe, you just have to experience it for yourself.

I spent a couple of nights in the grand old 19th century country house, built to weather any storm, that’s been renovated as a bed and breakfast. From the Tilghman Room, you can see both the sunrise and the sunset. It’s one of four rooms available to rent in the house (all with great views) and there are also cabins, which are self-contained. The owners are great characters, laid back, friendly, and helpful. The house is spacious with lots of rooms to wander around in during the day, most with great views over the water. Breakfast was delicious, and will last you through most of the day! In the evening there are quite a few restaurants close by, more so during high season.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great get-away, close to Annapolis, DC and Baltimore. Tracy & Bob are the best hosts with an eye for detail. This is truly a B&B experience. Have been going there for over 20 years and will be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms in main house are bright and warm. The outside "cottages" are also bright and have...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilghman
16.7 km away
4.4 km away
Chesapeake House Tilghman Island
4.6 km away
Lazy Jack Inn on Dogwood Harbor

Been to Black Walnut Point Inn? Share your experiences!