“Lifesaver!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Baltimore, Maryland
“Lifesaver!”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Because of a water main break in my neighborhood, I didn't have water for two days! Since I was starting a new job, a good nights sleep and a hot shower were a must.I decided to try the Holiday Inn that is close to my new employer. Well, in one night I became a loyal customer. The staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. The room was very clean and the hot shower was perfect. Thank you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My condo burned down in flames. I stayed there for a few days. The staff was so great and very welcoming, that I didn't want to leave. My room even had a hd flat screen tv. I highly recommend. Great location right off 83

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank brianwalk34
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This Holiday Inn is older but it has had a major makeover. The rooms and most general areas are really nice. The elevators are one of the only give-aways that it is an older building. The workout room was in really good shape compared to many other hotels I have stayed at lately. The Chili's restaurant in the same building was a bonus since you could walk back to your room after a good meal and a few cocktails. The staff was also very helpful & friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank GRofVA
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here twice on business. It was pretty nice...average holiday inn for average price. Wifi worked on 4th & 7th floors. didnt use the business center. Breakfast was good with good service. Front desk staff were nice. Coffee available 24/7 and snacks available for purchase. Chilis is attached & very convenient. Mac grill across the street and mall at the next exit on I83N make it a pretty good location.

• Stayed November 2011
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed during the Hurricane. Staff went out of the way to try and accommodate all the people without electric. Kudos to a GREAT STAFF!!! Thanks for going the extra mile.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Geo M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I can't say enough about our experience.
We came in from Dallas for a wedding and used the Chili's attached to the hotel. I was entertained to see the menu featuring some of our local recipes. :-) We checked in around 3pm, dropped off our belongings and returned after the wedding. We used the Chili's one night for a night cap and to watch some sports and again, to get brunch, because it was convenient. :)

The desk staff were very helpful with directing us to some local haunts, the showers were comfortable with sufficient water pressure AND warm water, the beds SMELLED SO CLEAN (which is my biggest pet peeve). I didn't get to do my usual inspection before accepting the room, but it did NOT disappoint. I didn't pay attention to the kind of toiletries they had, but it smelled like Bath and Body Works.

The best part: I was offered a better rate once I arrived. They let us keep the same room for the lower rate. I know this not a unique situation , as most hotels will do this when a cheaper room is available. I just appreciated they were WILLING to do it.

It's a great choice and conveniently located whenever you travel to the metro-area, especially Hunt Valley. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I heard to stay away from the rooms near the Chili's restaurant (per a colleague)
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Seems they use two systems that don't talk to each other thereby double booking rooms. Why have confirmation numbers if they don't mean anything? It took the desk people about 10 minutes of staring at a computer screen and retreating to the back office before telling us they did not have a room for us and that every hotel in the area was booked. Eventually they offered to pay for a room at a hotel nine miles away. Front desk people, put in an uncomfortable position, were apologetic but did not advise the next hotel that they were paying for the room. This made us have to explain the situation all over again.

Room Tip: Making a reservation didn't help me so I don't know what else you can do.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank 19Tom58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
2.4 km away
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
6.6 km away
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
0.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
8.6 km away
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
2.1 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Holiday Inn Timonium? Share your experiences!