All reviews day trip x country skiing looking forward dave snow massachusetts grounds
Reviewed March 15, 2018

My wife and I decided on a last minute day trip to do some classical X-country skiing and take advantage of an avalanche of snow we've had recently in the Northeast. Canterbury Farm was new to us but definitely the best place we have visited all season. It was beautifully groomed for the classic-style skier and the trails were so well laid out that they didn't intrude on the landscape at all. This will be our new go-to place for day trips and we will be looking forward to even staying at this beautiful farm for an extended time in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2016

We stayed here the last weekend in January 2016 hoping to do some xcountry skiing on their fabulous trails but with temps in the 50s and the lack of snow, we had to find other things to do. Armed with a growler of our favorite local beer and a bottle of wine, we checked in around 8 pm Friday night and enjoyed chatting by the fire, sharing Linda's delicious homemade brownies. We stayed in the lovely Rose guest room which was comfortable and cozy, the private bathroom was large and updated. The breakfasts were homemade feasts of muffins, eggs, pancakes etc! The grounds are beautiful for a leisurely hike - check out the beaver lodge , the pond was smooth for skating.
It's a bit of a drive for dinner since the closest restaurants are in Lee but there are several options there and going late (7:30pm) means less waiting for a table. Lee was jammed packed with people so the lack of snow isn't keeping everyone away - just forcing people to find other things to do which we did and still had a great get away. We'll be back when it does snow!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J0anieBal0ney
Reviewed August 4, 2015

The hosts are really friendly and nice. I've stayed here several times when I've visited Jacob's Pillow. They have a lovely garden and it's a quiet spot on a farm. In the winter they do cross country skiing as well. Check it out!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2015

My son and I stayed here for 5 nights in June 2015 while attending a class at a local woodworking school. The property is beautiful and very quiet / relaxing. Linda and Dave Bacon are perfect hosts and made us feel right at home. I think we gained weight from the delicious breakfasts prepared each morning!
And a plus: We are dog lovers and really enjoyed hiking around the property with their Lab "Shady". She was quite the tour guide.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam G
Reviewed September 7, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here this past weekend for 2 nights for a friends nearby wedding. It was very clean and well maintained. The innkeepers (husband and wife) were friendly, informative and very helpful. You are able to use anything in the house and outside in the yard. The gardens were beautiful & we got some great pictures. The dog (Shady) was a delight and a great greeter! I highly recommend it to anyone and I hope to someday return!

• Stayed: September 2014