All reviews whole foods room was clean walden pond boston dust
Reviewed July 29, 2015

The hotel is not modernized but it is clean and convenient. The room was pretty decent size. The TV was old but we were there to see Boston and this was very close to Lexington and Concord and other historical sites. It was perfect for a place to just come back to sleep and get ready. If you are looking for a luxury spa resort this isn't it. There was absolutely nothing to complain about considering this was a $90 room near Boston.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Dirk C
Reviewed July 15, 2015

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights while exploring the history of Lexington and Concord. The location is very convenient but the hotel is in poor condition. The room we had was not very clean - debris on the floor, torn towels, stains on the furniture. The owners were very pleasant but whoever made the beds when we were out during the day left a window wide open in our room which we discovered in the evening when we returned. Anyone could have gotten in through the screen but thankfully this did not happen! There is free wifi but it was quite unreliable. If you want a location close to the historical sights for a one-night stay and are not too picky, this hotel would be alright.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank NancyJI
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

This place needs some updating but it is definitely clean, quiet and the owners are charming. We just needed an inexpensive place to stay before our flight back and this place did the trick. The room was super cute and we had a great night sleep. Don't pass this place up if you are watching your budget.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2015

My son and I stayed in this motel for one night while visiting the Concord & Lexington Battlefield area. The motel was very well located for Concord - it took us about 10 minutes from leaving the motel to the Old North Bridge visitors' centre parking. The price was also very good at about $100/night for two queens.

My son loved the concept of staying in a motel with the car right outside the door. The beds were comfortable, although each queen bed had 2 pillows and the beds are made with sheets/blankets/bedspreads not duvets.

However, one of the things I notice in hotels is the carpet. It wasn't nice & didn't seem clean. I think they really need to change it. Also my son's headboard fell off it's screws and slipped down behind the bed. I think it was just poorly affixed to the wall and fell off. The shower was powerful but small. Altogether, I think the room was just tired and needs updating. Even for a motel, it needed some TLC. In the morning there was coffee and pastries in the main office. The coffee was terrible, however the pastries were delicious.

I would recommend it, as long as people know what they are getting in for, especially, if like us, the purpose of the stay is to experience American Motels instead of a big hotel chain.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any recently renovated rooms when you reserve yours.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2015

I'm with the people who are positive about this motel.

The bathroom floor was very, very clean -- sparkling.

Amir is really nice and courteous.

The price is way better than anything in Boston.

The only negative: it really is at least 1/2 hour out of Boston.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family