“Beef Bliss In Beverly”

Ranked #2 of 139 Restaurants in Beverly
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Different parts of the country have regional food traditions --- Philly has their cheesesteaks, Maryland has their soft shell crabs, Buffalo as their wings --- and Boston and its North Shore has roast beef sandwiches. I wasn't too familiar with this until I came to Beverly in 1992 to visit my girlfriend's (and now wife's) family. She had always talked about this place her and her friends would get hot roast beef sandwiches growing up and how amazing they were. From that first visit 23 years ago until my most recent one this week, one thing has not changed. The roast beef has never disappointed me. We have lived on the West Coast for the past 18 years and every time we summer when we come to visit family in Beverly, we make at least one, if not more stops at Nick's. We now have three kids and they constantly are pressing to get to Nick's.

My order is pretty simple: Large beef with cheese and sauce, junior beef with cheese and sauce, fries and onion rings (the last two to share). If I'm particularly hungry I might get two large beefs, if I'm not, maybe just one. I never deviate from the order since I've never been disappointed and the reason you come to Nick's is for the roast beef (not their chicken fingers, salads, etc). If you don't want roast beef, go somewhere else. My only complaint about Nick's is they could enter the modern age and take credit/debit cards -- I know why they don't, but I have stopped here and realized as I was ordering that I don't have cash. Sure they have an ATM, but who wants to be taken to the cleaners with the crazy fees.

Back in Seattle where we live, I often tell folks who've never been to the North Shore about this place, but certainly words cannot do justice to that first bite into a nice warm beef with sauce and cheese. It is pure bliss.

Reviewed July 20, 2015

This wS my first time eating "real" roast beef. I got the jr but it was as big as a regular sized sand which anywhere else. The meat was superb! The staff was super nice as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2015

Nick's has never let me down. The serving sizes of meals are HUGE and come with fries, onion rings, salad and entree for very, very reasonable prices (think: same price as fast food, infinitely better quality food). Overall, a great restaurant with great food, great service, and great prices.

Reviewed July 11, 2015 via mobile

I ordered a roast beef, pastrami and wings, the best thing was the wings. Roast beef was mediocre at best. Definitely nothing to rave about.

1  Thank Khv1
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Was dying for something to eat around 11:00 on a Wednesday night in Beverley. There were few choices - but my son and I had 2 excellent roast beef sandwiches with great service.

Been to Nick's Roast Beef? Share your experiences!