“Love the scallop risotto!”

Toscana Bar Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Toscana Bar Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 139 Restaurants in Beverly
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Toscana Bar Italiano (Beverly) is a classically modern gastrobar which boasts award winning Italian cuisine, premium craft cocktails and martini's, and an extensive wine and beer selection in a friendly, casual neighborhood atmosphere. Conveniently located adjacent to the Beverly depot parking garage, unlimited parking for our patrons is available. Our sister restaurant, the original Toscana Ristorante of Peabody, MA is a staple and gold standard for Italian restaurants in the North Shore. With an emphasis on high quality ingredients, simplistic preparation, freshness and friendly service; Toscana Bar Italiano looks to bring the same core values to Beverly. At Toscana Bar Italiano of Beverly, we offer a dinner menu ranging from small plates, a large appetizer selection, grilled pizza's, pasta, salads and classic Italian dishes. Our cocktail menu features a range of drinks from classic martini's and house made ginger beer cocktails to Italian twisted tiki drinks and freshly muddled mojitos.
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Excellent food, great bar tenders, good value. getting a table can be challenging-but worth the anxiety!

Reviewed November 11, 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat and drove by as a parking space was opening up so said what the heck! The menu was nice lots of variety we both went with the pizza. The waitress was adorable. Attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was fun and upbeat ( except for the music). The drink menu was interesting we'll have to come back when I can try it out. And we will be back.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

This was my first time at this restaurant. I have found that Trip Advisor is great with everything except for restaurant reviews. Tuscana's would have been average but for the waitress who knew nothing about the menu or how the food was prepared and gave us bad information about the preparation. She forgot my wife's drink and never asked us for dessert and just handed us the menu. The atmosphere is the best part....a couple of TV's at the bar, a few normal tables and twice as many high tables, which I don't like, but others may. I tried the kale cesar salad and just as I thought, the kale was overwhelming and bitter. The eggplant was fried and not baked as the waitress had insisted it was. Sure it was baked, but only after it was fried. It was good, but I should not be eating fried food because of my cholesterol and not a big deal, but the waitress not being informed or trained reflects an unprofessional establishment. She was not friendly, but that is her right....just would have been nicer if she was friendly, but she was just not a good waitress. My wife had the beet salad which just didn't do it. It was like they read a recipe and tried to adapt their own style. Walnuts were too whole and too many and the salad had no taste.
If it means anything, we will not be going back to this place despite its conveninence to our home and my office.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

I have been here 4-5 times since it opened and have always had a good meal. The steak pizzaiola was my favorite, though it looks like they took it off the menu. The veal saltimbocca was excellent as well. Service, for the most part, is excellent.

1  Thank Gary A
Reviewed October 16, 2016

This was our first time at Toscana. We ate at the bar and watched a lot of meals pass in front of us. First off, our bartenders were outstanding. They were happy, friendly, and very accommodating. The food was pricey considering that it wasn't exactly upscale. The meatballs were soft, not heavily breaded, but lacked flavor that could have been added with a hotter roast or fry prior to their finish, or with a more hearty sauce (in my opinion). The deviled eggs were so-so, with nothing extraordinary about them. The chicken parm was on a bed of quality pasta that, in my opinion, could have been a smaller mound. It surely could have used more cheese and a more robust sauce. The breading was thick, but light and crispy, almost like a tempora in nature, but that might have added to the dryness. The eggplant was sliced thick (as it should be). Our cocktails were done well, with no skimping, and their house wine (on tap) was sufficient for our food. While we weren't crazy about the price tag, we'd consider going back to sample some of the interesting items they served.