New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Boston Braintree

Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braintree
Ottawa, Canada
“Had i know there was a factory next door”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I booked this hotel for 3 days. When we parked by the side of the hotel I noticed a chemical smell. Later I discovered that was due to a factory next door. My room was facing the factory building. The manager was very rude and not willing to accomodate my requst for a change. Later during the survey when I complained about the stay at this hotel. I was only refunded 30% of my cost when they gurantee "If you are not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay", I hate to be so harsh, but my holiday in Boston was ruined by the service I received was at the Hampton Inn in Braintree.

Room Tip: Do not choose double queen beds as they all face the factory building
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jan050265

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife and I visited Boston area the third week of October 2011. We luckily found this home away from home Hotel. Convenient, clean and quiet with the staff more than willing to help with our planned tour of Boston. A very special thank you to Margaret Watts who gave us so many helpful tips and directions in touring Boston. She spent time explaining how we could easily take the convenient subway to and from this hotel location avoiding the driving and parking hassle. The hotel provided a van that drove us to the near by subway station and picked us up as well at no extra cost. Smiles galore from every direction were abundant our intire time. Thank You Hampton Inn Boiston Braintree for a relaxing time. Oh by the way, your breakfast which was included in the price was amazing.
Wayne & Cherie Wisconsin

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

It took us forever (even using a GPS) to find this place. But all in all, it was a pretty nice hotel. Everything was very clean. They have a nice little business center, which came in very handy early in the morning. Breakfast was about average (we typically don't eat the "free" breakfasts in hotels...usually go somewhere else for "real" breakfast. Typically just grab some coffee and go). We didn't have an issue with the factory next door because our room was facing the other direction. Although, upon driving up it did look a bit imposing. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was in the area on business, with my wife along for the visit to Boston. The hotel offers free shuttle or taxi service to the major mall (Macy's Nordstrom, etc.) that is nearby. So she had $omething to do while I was working.

The hotel was quiet, clean, and very comfortable. Its convenient to the interstate (I-93).

Room Tip: I had read where some reviewers objected to the noise from the factory next door. To avoid that bei...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank MadCobraStyle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Ok hotel! Very industrial feeling in the middle of nowhere. Room was dark but it was clean.

• Stayed July 2011
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Our family of 10 shared 3 rooms for one night, so we could go into Boston on the subway and not have to drive. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our rooms were comforable and clean when we arrived around 3pm or so. We caught the free shuttle to the subway station (Quincy Adams) and went into Boston for the afternoon/evening. The indoor pool and hot tub was great, after a long day of traveling and sightseeing. After a great buffet breakfast (western omelets were delicious), we checked out and took the shuttle again, into Boston for the day. We then returned to the hotel and went on our way. I would definitely return to this hotel again!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ridgeschips
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Very, Very noisy hotel!

We had booked two nights at this hotel and stayed only one since the noise was unbearable.

To start with the beginning, when we got in the parking lot the ground was shaking under our feet and it was so much noise from the facility/factory next to the hotel. The hotel is located near a facility that makes terrible noise even all through the night. So my husband said "hope they don't give us a room on this side of the hotel". At the check in and we were given a room on the ground floor on the other side of the hotel. We were happy that we were on the other side but all the happiness was over when we got in the room and laid on the bad. The bed was shaking and a constant noise was coming through the wall. It took only a few minutes and realized we won't be able to sleep in that bed. So we went and asked the receptionist if we could have a different room because something makes a lot of noise (like a motor running). The receptionist told us that is the pool pump and can't be shut down and the only other available room was a smoking room on the side of the hotel with the facility. She also told us that they are shutting down at that facility at 11 PM but they never did, it ran all night. Even though neither I nor my husband smoke we asked if we can see that room since the initial one couldn't be slept in. She took us upstairs to see the room. Of course it smelled very bad and it was noisy but we took it since the other one was even noisier. To add to the noise from the factory the fan in the bathroom couldn't be turned off and it was making more noise. So we slept in a smoking room that was stinking so bad and our throat felt scratchy from the smoke being there for only one hour. By morning all our clothes smelled bad and we were still tired. I didn't have earplugs so I had to sleep with my headphones to be able to get some sleep. We were so tired after driving most of the day and didn't find the energy to look for another hotel at midnight. Because both room were awful she said she will take the charge off for that night and we can talk to the manager in the morning to change the room for the next night but that they are fully booked so there shouldn't be any other room available So far they didn't charge me for that night which I think it is only fair since the room didn't serve its purpose. I'm not picky about what a hotel offers as extra amenities, but I care for a clean hotel, non-smoking room, a clean quiet bed to sleep in and a clean bathroom, so I don't think I'm asking too much.

This hotel wasn't cheap and there were other in the area around the same price but we chose this one because it is a Hampton Inn(and all we used in the past were fine) and because of the reviews. This experience made us think twice about Hampton Inn which now I think it's a hit or miss. I think you may be better off with a Hilton Garden Inn for a little bit more.

One thing may be helpful if you still decide to stay at this hotel: as per the receptionist that checked us in that night, all the two beds rooms are on the side with the facility and all the king beds are on the "better side", with less noise. So if you do want to stay here make sure you get a one king bed and not on the lower level and you may get some sleep.

I won't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dina08_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
0.7 km away
6.8 km away
BEST WESTERN Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
7.1 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Hampton Inn Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!