All reviews sized refrigerator large bathroom quincy adams easy access boston
Reviewed March 6, 2018

This is one of the grossest places I have ever stayed. Where do I begin? Upon entering, I watched someone behind the receptionist taking laundry out of large dryers. After waiting behind one guest who was going through a very lengthy check-in process, I proceed to my room. The walls and furniture are about five putrid shades of brown. To say the furnishings are "tired" is a gross understatement. One wall had a hole in it. The flooring in the kitchenette and bath was almost Contact paper quality (peel and stick with a design that resembled wood flooring that was pulling up and made noise when you walked on it). The kitchenette was TOTALLY empty. There were two ice trays, however, that were empty (no ice machines in the place, and the call to the front desk yielded no ice - I was told to make my own). Sound between rooms -- both normal conversations and water -- was terrible. Bed was the smallest "king" I've ever seen. The bedspread was very thin, cleap, and had some kind of stain that resembled lipstick. Blanket was totally pilled and cheap. No thermostat. The small table outside the kitchenette where you could eat at had one office chair. Bathroom was small with a mottled light brown colored tub. Toilet had rust stains in it. When you asked for your "complimentary" small container of dishes, you had to pick it up yourself at the front desk and some of the dishes were chipped. No dishwashing soap was available in the room or with the dishes. The sofa bed included a very thin mattress with springs you could feel. Was there one good thing about the place? Well, the rooms are big. Upon leaving, someone whose pants were falling down made numerous trips from an idling car to enter the lobby to partake in the free coffee and individually wrapped muffin and breakfast bar selections. Please please PLEASE take your money and go elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolcP2339TY
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Carol, please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you both encountered and regret the inconvenience they caused. You deserved a clean, comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We have discussed your feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance team to look into these matters and resolve these issues. We also have kitchenware for your suite available and kept at the front desk to ensure its cleanliness on arrival. We received many positive comments regarding our fully equipped kitchens with a full-size refrigerator which includes ice trays for your convenience. Therefore, we do not have ice machines on our property. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you all with a better experience.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

I came in late night, at 2 AM from a flight. The manager was very friendly, and helpful initially. I would like to compliment him for his hospitality. The room was adequate. Not much for vending. For breakfast, I had a couple of granola bars. The property was no frills, and OK for the budget minded. My only real complaint was that someone had keyed in my last name wrong, and the whole time, I could not use the WiFi. That is because the code they gave me was wrong, and my last name was misspelled. I had a brand new tablet ! That was a huge annoyance, as it was a holiday, and checking my email was my first priority. In the end, I was the one who figured out the issue. Since I was only there for nine hours to ten hours, it was indeed a real inconvenience spending a ridiculous amount of time on the phone with the front desk, and tech support. There was a mild snow storm, and I was alternating cleaning the snow off the car. TIP: If your last name is entered incorrectly, your WiFi will not work.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thank you for choosing us. We are happy to know you had a restful stay and liked the service provided by our entire staff. However, we are sorry if you had any inconvenience with the wifi connection and have discussed this your feedback with our team members to be more diligent with our guest requests. We hope the positive aspect of your stay will bring you back whenever you are in this area.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

They claim no smoking but smells like an ash tray, kitchen in room had nothing not even a glass for water. Cheap mattresses and furniture I will have to say they room seemed clean. They seem to cater to the construction trades

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank A247UAjohnh
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

John, thanks for sharing your observations with us. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced while being here. Please know, to ensure cleanliness of kitchenware upon check-in, brand standards require us to make these items available at the front desk. Also, we have full size refrigerator which includes ice trays for your convenience. Therefore we do not have ice machines on our property. Your feedback with regard to the odor is shared with our housekeeping team to do deep cleaning of your room. Thank you again for being our guest and for your feedback.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Braintree is a nice little town in Boston, Tucked away south of the hustle and bustle of the city. The hotel itself is secluded and perched on a hill over looking the area. Very quiet, peaceful place. Staff is very accommodating. The rooms are excellent for one person or even up to three. Nice size kitchen, full size refrigerator. I've been here since September and would recommend to anyone looking for a nice place to lay their head. Multiple restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing a wonderful review of Extended Stay America. We are delighted to know you were impressed not only with your well-appointed room and our convenient location, but also with the courteous service provided by our associates. Your recommendation is truly appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

It was OK a best. I am usually not a picky person. I like budget hotels, who needs to spend hundreds for a hotel when you are spending a few hours there? However, this hotel was not my cup of tea. It smelled like taco seasoning and dirty feet, there was hair from a previous guest on my pillows and in the bed, the toilet and shower was dirty. For these and various other reasons, I will not be back to this specific Extended Stay. (Every other time I have stayed at an extended stay I have been more than happy)

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda B
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Amanda, thank you for being a frequent guest to our brand and for sharing your review. I apologize for not living up to our commitment to clean, fresh accommodations during your stay. I am working with my housekeeping department to make sure all procedures are being followed so this does not happen again. Please give us another chance the next time your travels bring you back this way.