Sweetwater Forest Campground
US$145
OceanEdge.com
US$225
Skaket Beach Motel(Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$80
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn(Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$89
Rodeway Inn(Orleans)
US$77
US$84
US$67
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$167
All reviewscamp storetravel trailerfifth wheelbathroom facilities aregrey watertent siteslarge siteprivate campcape codrail trailclean restroomsfree showersfull hookupssurrounded by treescleaned dailycamp groundnickerson state park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Although on our last stay a few years ago my husband and I loved the location (proximity to the beach, bike trail, shops) and for its spacious, wooded campsites (we tent), the cleanliness of the washrooms was lacking. As we were just looking for an overnight stay and this was the only place in the area that could accommodate us, we took our chances. Wow, was I surprised! The place had undergone renovations and made numerous upgrades including their restroom facilities. My only regret is that our plans did not permit us to stay longer!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Irenembd
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Please keep in mind I'm a first time Cape Cod camper. The campground was quite nice. I loved that it was shaded with lots of trees. Quiet hours are from 9pm to 8am. Sweetwater is very family focused. If you have a noise complaint you are to call right away & not wait till the next morning. Lots of French Canadians were there on our visit. We were tent campers. The campsites are very close together. A picnic table and fire pit are provided. There are water faucets throughout the tent area. This was nice to be able to wash off sand or whatever you may have a need for running water. We are not hardcore campers. I like amenities. The comfort stations were ok. There are only 2 showers in each station. I did not find this to be a problem We just avoided the peak showering hours of 8/9pm and first thing in the morning. I would take my shower around 10/11pm. The kids took theirs around 4/5pm and all was quiet. Please remember your shower/water shoes!! Since all the paths are dirt and you know what happens when dirt mixes with water. Yes. It can get muddy. They clean them at least once a day. When showering the water will get hotter when someone flushes a toilet. You will also experience a loss of pressure. I am not sure what you call the pipe they use in the shower, b ut it's like nothing I've ever seen! It like spews/steams out water. Very strange, but it gets the job done. Outside of the shower is a small private dressing area with a curtain. There are playgrounds for the children throughout and a mini golf course. No swimming. Brewster Beaches are parking by permit only which can be purchased from the Town Hall. Beaches are free/no sticker required after 3pm. We checked out Breakwater Beach nearby. There are no facitlies that I could see at Breakwater. We were very disappointed. We walked what seemed like a mile and still no water for the kids to play in. We visited during low tide. I am not sure what was up with that. There were boats laying on the sand with buoys attached. I'm assuming it's a bit nicer there during high tide. I was told by friends that the beaches in nearby Dennis are much better and open to the public.

One bit of advice if you want firewood. I would purchase it from the camp store. We were at a grocery store and bought some firewood while we were out. The firewood we got from the grocery store was very smokey and had no starter included. No problem for my Eagle Scout husband! The next night we purchased wood from the Camp Store and it included a starter & the wood was kiln dried. Our 2nd fire produced way less smoke!!!!!! I'm a camping novice, but even my more experienced husband never thought one wood was better than another. Seriously we smelled so bad from our campfire and all that smoke. It was bad.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kellycrash
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We camped here in an RV at site A4 which is about 50 feet from the office so we had wifi at our full hookup site in addition to good cable. Not a really private site but close to everything.
The young man that filled our propane was super nice and when I asked him about finding a local truck wash he offer me the use of his hose and water! Could not have been more hospitable.
This is a great location for taking day trips around the cape and for visiting Nickerson State Park. The bike trail is very close. There are some seasonals but were neat and quiet. Everyone was really friendly. The teens liked the pingpong and pool table.
I liked our site because it was perfectly level and large. Easy in and out with a 30 foot RV
There is a private horse farm is right next to the office. The wooded tent sites were spaced well. The CG was full the week we stayed, but it was really quiet. The BR on the A loop was clean, a little dated but I really just want clean! There was soap and hot water in the BR which was nice.
Negatives: no place to swim at the campground.

Room Tip: Book as early as possible, the full hookup sites are reserved all summer.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mudturtle
Reviewed 29 June 2011

When the people we were traveling with had a problem getting their room slide in, the staff from Sweetwater worked for 2 hours to get it fixed and then wouldn't take any pay! Way to go Sweetwater Forest Staff. BTW, recent renovations of the restrooms were obvious as well!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Sandman1234
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Very Nice wooded parking areas, plent of space and privacy. Good meeting facilities.
Cape Cod Rail Trail paved jogging & bike path access is right across the highway from the park - excellent. The owners treated our group very well. Plus - Owner's son gave us technical help with our RV engine problem, ordered the part for us which solved our problem. We will visit them again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends