“Great place for camping with a kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brewster
Sweetwater Forest Campground
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Great location, pretty clean and in the center of Cape Cod. Would be the best to update showers for a next year, but at least they always very clean. All the rest no complain just applauds. Enjoying this place already 15 years started with my kids and now continue with a grandkids.

Room Tip: Great camping ground to be with kids and enjoy Cape Cod in the summer
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank zirik
Sweetwater_Forest, Owner at Sweetwater Forest Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you!! We appreciate your comments, and do plan to upgrade the showers. What many people don't realize was the immense amount of money that we spent to save the campground from the effects of the giant building that would have been erected crossing Sweetwater Forest's road, with us being required to move the road & too many trees and sites-all to accommodate the building of the 7th nursing home within a 10 mile radius from our beautifully wooded family campground. Obviously we did not yield, and still have a lovely, wooded campground, with privacy & plenty for the kids to do. Although we would have preferred to have spent the money on improvements, keeping Sweetwater Forest a forest was not an inexpensive stance to have taken-but well worth it for our campers, and of course for Sweetwater Forest! Thank you again for your most appreciated comments!!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We just arrived after 4 days in the campground and since day 1 we were really disappointed. The wifi which is announced high speed is nothing but high speed, it´s very slow. The bathrooms are terrible. First of all, they are dirty, they are only cleaned once a day, and it seems they don´t use any bleach to disinfect. Normally in such a campground bathrooms should be clean twice a day if not more. There are only 4 comfort stations for all the campground, and each one has only 2 showers. The showers have the same plastic curtain and plastic paper from the day they were built. Bathrooms need an upgrade. The staff is in oblivion. They don´t know if bathrooms are clean or not, they just don´t care and don´t bother to go and check. In a nutshell, DISGUSTING is the word for the bathrooms.
It´s a forest and it´s nice to feel you are in a forest. But there are many sharp turns that you cannot see because there is not a single light in the crossroads. I am not saying they should have lights in the forest, but small lights in the crossroads would be appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Maliul

Our family has been providing great Cape Cod Camping since our parents established Sweetwater Forest in 1958. This review is full of many inaccurate statements and is far from what most campers feel & write about Sweetwater Forest. We had many complaints about these people from other camping clients. These reviewers neglected to say they received a refund, or that during one day of their stay-the WiFi was being updated, requiring it to be down off & on, as the best method of testing & sending the signal through our 76+ acres of native woodland without disruption. Each of the 4 restrooms are in a separate area, and are in fact cleaned twice a day & checked several times per day-and night. My husband & son do much of the outside work with a fabulous outside & Office staff. Many of the insulting notes about our Comfort Stations are not as described. We are a campground & our website photos, with the exception of the aerial shots, are up to date. Together with the text of the many pages of our website, we do the best we can to let fellow Camping enthusiasts know what to expect when camping at Sweetwater Forest. Sweetwater Forest has been ranked by an independant company as Cape Cod's #1 Campground on the Mid & Lower Cape for five years in a row! The fact that the people who left this review found it necessary to insult the staff & exaggerate their complaints, while neglecting to say they received a refund, or that the WiFi was being upgraded during one of the days they stayed with us truly makes this an erroneous review. As the co-owner of Sweetwater Forest with my husband the other co-owner, we are proud of our staff & wooded campground. Due to the many exaggerated inaccuracies made- while neglecting that note that they received a refund makes me believe this review should be removed.
Happy Camping to all!

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I like sitting outside and enjoying reading and having my tea in the morning. Let's just say....There is so many moths, that I feel like they could pick you up and carry you away. I live in the Poconos, so it is not like I come from the city. Wifi not the greatest...had to do att hot spot to use computer. Bathroom not in the best shape, but are usable. Didn't spend much time at campsite, but if you are a camper that like to stay at site and do things, this is not the place to pick. No pool, did not see to many activities to do. They do have bike trials if that is what you into.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Sweetwater for 8 days and had a great time. We had a 32 ft fifth wheel that was easy to park, large site, and easy water/electric hook up. Grey water dump was available at campsite as well. Staff was excellent to deal with. Lots of bike riding, fishing, and playgrounds for the kids. Clean bathrooms as well! Great place to stay!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016

It has been several years since I have been here, and little has changed. While some of this is good: great sites situated in forested area, great location, and friendly staff; some is not so good: the bathrooms are run-down and significantly sub-standard. The management needs to get out and see other campgrounds and see their competition. Their competition is not the local state forest, but rather other high-end campgrounds. Go to a KOA, go to a campground that says it is a "resort". The bathrooms are clean, but run-down, dilapidated, and dated. It wouldn't take much to upgrade these. Additional hooks, replace rusted fixtures, annually replace rusted shower caddies, and have caddies in all showers. Replace foxed mirrors, replace fallen down panels that leave glue streaks along the walls, etc. Small things would make a big difference.
I love this place so it makes me sad to see them overlook the basics. Empty the smelly dumpsters more often.
Wifi is fair.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Casey96
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Ok so I need to start off by saying I have been going to sweetwater every year since I was born, And as so my father also spent his summers here as a child. I have had nothing but good things to say. The place is safe and great for young children, and all the sights are nice and well maintained. I see people on here complain about the bathrooms, they are,not that bad yes sometimes the toilets clog. Why you ask? Because it's the at the very end of the day when staff is going home, or in the morning when people just wake up. I can tell you for a fact that the bathrooms are cleaned at least 2 times a day. Yes you cannot swim in the pond sorry if that's an inconvenience but it's a drainage pond for a cranberry bog across the way so they can't have people swimming in it. The staff is so nice and I've known most of them for my entire life they are kind and very helpful. I also read a comment saying that they were spoken to about something they were doing, well I can tell you that they were doing something against camp rules because I have never seen anyone talked to for no reason.

I love this place and and hopefully one day I'll have kids to share this place with. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

A++++++++++++++ with everything you do sweetwater

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank fruitsbasket1
Reviewed 18 April 2016

My husband and I are long time campers. We spend more than 130 nights per year in our trailer traveling mostly around New England. Sweetwater Forest is without a doubt one of our favorite destinations. Large, clean, wooded sites with great fire pits. We have stayed in at least 10 different sites over the years and have been happy in each and every one of them. Some of the negative reviews I read concerning quiet hours were a bit shocking to me. Quiet time is 9 pm to 8 am but in all the times we have been there (and we have traveled with several parties in our group including children) we have never had an issue sitting out around the fire after 9 pm. And the complaints about no pool? Really, you're on the Cape! There are plenty of places nearby to hit the beach. Heather and the staff are helpful and accommodating. CCRT is nearby and there are plenty of places to walk if you are traveling with your dogs. Great campground in the prettiest part of Cape Cod.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
34 km away
2.2 km away
Captain Freeman Inn
Captain Freeman Inn
#1 of 10 in Brewster

Been to Sweetwater Forest Campground? Share your experiences!