1,239 results
All reviews arbor village ocean edge resort bedroom villa linx restaurant arbor pool private beach cape cod full kitchen shark bah washer dryer tennis courts golf club main mansion the pub outdoor pool off season family vacation
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Given its mediocre reviews and relatively low score, we were hesitant to go to this place, but it was relatively last minute, and the area on the Cape was right. We were enticed by the 2 room suites in the villages… basically condos… and the “resort” title.
In any case, our room was average and “ok”… sparse with cheap rug, broken door lock, no shower curtain, two broken beds (including a sleeper sofa that doesn’t lie flat) and a very loud heater that worried us. The fire distinguisher had a broken glass in the hall… this was concerning because the hall is tight and we have a 9 year old. There is plenty of parking. The staff is very nice. For two nights, all of this cost >$550.
But here’s the rub… in addition to the fairly high rates, you are charged a thoroughly unnecessary $25 resort fee per night. AND… THE RESORT FEE DOESN’T INCLUDE ACCESS TO THE RESORT’S OWN BEACH! They allow people from the Mansion side of the property on the beach… not the commoners across the street who are “only” paying >$550 for two nights on Cape Cod. We thought this was disgraceful.
We discussed this with the hotel manager, who couldn’t have cared less. He repeatedly pointed out that we “knew there was a resort fee” and we responded, “Yes, and how doesn’t a resort fee at a resort in Cape Cod include the beach?” He noted that the fee included the pool and wifi… and we reminded him that these were standard features at most hotels, and his “resort fee” is just an unnecessary tax.
While we understand that there are other hotels that charge a “resort fee” (that people hate, by the way), we were amazed and disgusted that a “resort” on the Cape wouldn’t even let us use the beach on its own property!
Little wonder that this place has had so many awful reviews. Perhaps the manager might have apologized or said something about reconsidering the policy. On the contrary, he couldn’t have been less resilient. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sns1000
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I apologize for any miscommunication about our childcare or access to our beach. We do our best on our website to communicate that our private beach is offered exclusively to guests at The Mansion from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. The reason for this is the dramatically changing tide of Cape Cod Bay, which causes our beach to vary from a mile stretch to just 100 feet. Since all guests should be able to enjoy the beautiful Cape Cod Bay beaches, we offer a complimentary shuttle to nearby Crosby Landing Beach. As with most resorts and hotels, we charge a daily resort fee. Some third party site do not charge this fee at the time of booking. I apologize that this was an unexpected surprise. I also apologize for any housekeeping oversights. Upon request and based on availability, we are happy to move guests to another room. Despite these setbacks, I hope you had wonderful weather and enjoyed the rest of your time on Cape Cod. Thank you again for your feedback as it is always welcomed.

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

I was not aware the the villages were 2+ miles away from the mansion. When we arrived at the mansion to check in (as per the instructions in the email from Ocean Edge) we were told that we were not allowed in the mansion as our reservation was for the villages instead.

The staff were not knowledgeable of their in season and off season dates. When I had called earlier in the week, I was told that childcare was available as it was currently off season. When I arrived and asked about access to the private beach I was told that guests staying at the villages and not the mansion were not allowed access to the beach during in season dates, which apparently began at the end of May.

I also was not aware that there was a resort fee charged everyday. This was extremely frustrating because we were unble to use ANY of the additional amenities and the daily charge was unexpected as I had pre-paid through booking.com. When this charge was communicated to me, the staff said it would be charged on the last day that we were visiting the resort, which was not the case. The resort fee had been charged 8 days prior to our arrival.

The room we stayed in in the arbor village condos (9B) was outdated. The bistro chairs has stains on them and the sliding door to the “patio” did not open. the lights on the patio also did not work, so we were unable to use the patio area at all. The chairs that were out there were also disgustingly covered in dirt as if they hadn’t been cleaned in years. There wasn’t much privacy to our room as it was located on ground level and the golf course was located directly outside. As much as my son enjoyed looking out the door, we had to keep the curtains closed in order to have any privacy.

The guests staying above us were extremely loud all hours of the night. There was a lot of stomping and running going on which made in difficult for my young son to sleep.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lizz K
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I apologize for any miscommunication about our childcare or access to our beach. We do our best on our website to communicate that our private beach is offered exclusively to guests at The Mansion from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. The reason for this is the dramatically changing tide of Cape Cod Bay, which causes our beach to vary from a mile stretch to just 100 feet. Since all guests should be able to enjoy the beautiful Cape Cod Bay beaches, we offer a complimentary shuttle to nearby Crosby Landing Beach. I apologize for the housekeeping oversights as well, as no guests should have to experience this. Upon request, we can send our staff to address these issues or find you new accommodations based on availability. As with most resorts and hotels, we charge a daily resort fee. Some third party site do not charge this fee at the time of booking. I apologize that this was an unexpected surprise. Despite these setbacks, I hope you had wonderful weather and enjoyed the rest of your time on Cape Cod. Thank you again for your feedback as it is always welcomed.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We had the absolute pleasure of meeting lee from Dublin while we visited this weekend. He went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, from awesome cocktails to delicious dinner in baysos.. I had such a great time and can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2018
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay including your dining experience at Bayzo's Pub. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lee. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

The 1 bedroom that we stayed in was ok. I’ve stayed in better but the most disappointing thing was there was noticeable dog hair covering the entire carpet. I was so disgusted. You could see it and run your shoe over it and it would come up in chunks! Did they not vacuum the floor? Well that got me to thinking that the whole apartment wasn’t properly cleaned either good thing I bring my own supplies for that. I took pictures and showed the front desk and they only credited one day of resort fees. The bathroom and tub are simple. The grounds are nice though but I probably won’t return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VacationMomma929

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I apologize for the housekeeping oversight, as no guest should have to experience that. Upon request, we would have been happy to send someone immediately to clean the room or find you new accommodations if available. I will address this with our staff. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Not a bad place even though I had to move 2 times. The better part about the villages is the pool. If you are debating whether to stay here or the mansion, stay at the mansion. The beach is very nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the pools. I apologize that you had to move rooms, and I hope this was not too much of an inconvenience. Although our private beach is offered exclusively to guests staying at The Mansion, we offer a complimentary shuttle to Crosby Landing Beach which is just down the road and very picturesque. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.