1,239 results
All reviews arbor village ocean edge resort bedroom villa linx restaurant arbor pool private beach cape cod full kitchen shark bah washer dryer tennis courts golf club main mansion the pub outdoor pool off season family vacation
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Our room was comfy. Hot water tank went out but they fixed it immediately. Shuttle service is a bonus. Food was good. Rooms were a little musty and the toilet seat wasn't bolted down. Most people were nice but one gal one night, she must have wanted to go home and we showed up. Spa is located in between villages and mansion, kind of a strange spot. Very expensive too. The business center room literally shakes, you get used to it tho. Overall, I enjoyed our stay here. The views were beautiful.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs as our room below lacked cell service and everyone up from us had no trouble.
Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and found our staff both friendly and helpful. I apologize that one of our staff members came across as rude. I hope you found your time at the Beach House Spa relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Stayed two nights in the Marconi House, Briterige Villas while bicycling on the Cape Cod Rail Trail. The villa was large and comfortable. It had a kitchenette, private balcony, A/C, strong wi-fi, on-site, free parking, and an in-unit washer and dryer. Ocean Edge offers free shuttle transfers between the villas and the Linx golf club and/or the Mansion.

Tip: The villa is located between the Linx and the Mansion--not comfortable walking distance to either. If you have your own transportation, this will not be an issue.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Cazes T:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and the direct access to the Cape Cod Rail Trail. The trail is beautiful this time of year. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

We (four (4) couples) booked a stay and play golf package at the Villages on Ocean Edge property. Gorgeous golf course and grounds, we booked two (2) two (2) bedroom condos. Lots of space, unit decor/furniture is a little tired but very comfortable.
Our main problem was booking tee times on the golf course. We called 6 weeks in advance but still had difficulty. First, we arrived on a Monday but could not book a tee time because of an outing (this information was not shared with us when we booked the dates). Tuesday was Ladies Closing Day so the earliest we could book was 1 PM and due to the weather we were only able to play 9 holes. On Wednesday we could only book tee times after 2 PM tee time because of the annual police golf outing, This also was not shared with us at the time we made our reservations. We arrived at the Pro shop to check in and were advised the outing was running late. The starter (who was very nice) got us to the 1st tee an hour and ½ later and we could not finish the round because we ran out day light. On Thursday we had a 9:40 AM tee time and everything worked as planned.
We only ate once at the Linx restaurant after golf on Thursday. We did not eat at any other on site restaurants.
This trip was very disappointing. We all have homes in Florida but spend the winters in various parts of New England. Every year we all get together for a golf outing and this was most disappointing of all of our trips.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and found them perfect for your golf getaway. I apologize for the issue with securing a tee time and any frustration this caused. Our Golf Pro Shop is careful when booking tee times and keeping events in mind, so I also apologize if information was not shared with you at the time of your tee time booking. If you would like to discuss this further, I invite you to contact me directly at Rick.Schatz@oceanedge.com. Despite this setback, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time at Ocean Edge. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Stayed at the Villages on Ocean Edge property. Gorgeous grounds, whether u stay at Villages or Mansion. Although upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo with lots space, unit decor/furniture is very tired. Entire unit needs a makeover including carpet, furniture, kitchen, baths.

Enjoyed a few cocktails at Mansion outside bar. Very comfortable bar but bartenders were not very friendly. Oklahoma State football game was on all TV’s. Very courteously requested male bartender if he could find Norte Dame game. He was not happy and silently took his time. Actually told him not to bother if a problem. Ignored me but kept looking and found it. Few minutes later, several other guests arrived and also asked for ND game at their end of the bar.

Male bartender’s boss was even less friendly. Shame, b/c as a guest, u become reluctant to make a request for service. Read her name tag but not comfortable naming her...or him.

Except for Linx restaurant, didnt eat on property. U can skip Linx. Try Rock Harbor in Orleans.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geo22222222
RickSchatz, Manager at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Geo22222222:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the grounds and your cocktails at Ocean Terrace. I apologize if our staff came across as rude, as this is not something we usually hear and it is not up to our standard. I will address this with our team. Despite this, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

The property at the villages and the mansion is spectacular without a doubt. There is so much to offer that you would not need to leave the property. There is golf, tennis, pools and of course the beach. There are several options for dining.
We stayed in the Britterige villas that I found to be an older section. The condo was two levels down and rather musty. The outside patio was not an option as it was musty and lots of bugs. We went to the Fletcher pool. It was beautiful but it was very dirty. It looked like it had not be vacuumed in sometime and there were so many dead bugs that we did not go in.
I would give this resort a second chance but I would be More particular about the room. We found the grounds to be beautiful and we absolutely loved Brewster.

Room Tip: Try something in the newer sections. The townhomes looked beautiful.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Carolyn S:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the grounds and our amenity offerings. I apologize for the housekeeping oversights you mentioned and for the issue with the pool, as no guest should have to experience this. Upon request, we are happy to send someone to your room to address these issues or find you new accommodations if available. Despite this, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found Brewster so lovely. Thank you again for your feedback.