“Just ok”

Emerald Hollow Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated stable offering riding lessons for all ages and boarding for our students.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Owner's son was our guide. Horse were great and well taken care of. Guide could have been a little more polite, constantly correcting riders, all who have ridden many times before. He had a bad attitude.

5  Thank Lorihu

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This experience was great! The tour guide was friendly, patient and regularly offered advice on how to manage your horse. The farm seemed clean and horses seemed well taken care of. The trail ride had some small paths hovering a cliff (it seemed) which was a bit unnerving but the horses knew what to do. Would recommend the ride and would go again myself.

1  Thank menkat
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I went here with a group of 6 women for part of my best friend's bachelorette party/weekend getaway. We thought it would be fun to go horseback riding since most of us had never ridden a horse. Not only was it fun but it was one of the most enjoyable memories that I will keep forever! We all had a great time! The horses were awesome and all had their own personalities, which happened to match the personalities of their riders perfectly! Nancy was so friendly and welcoming and patient with all of us. She gave us great instruction and those of us who were beginner riders (myself included) felt completely comfortable riding and directing our horses on our own. She even let us get plenty of pictures with the horses afterwards and told about all the horses on the farm. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a wonderful experience that they'll never forget! You'll also learn why cowboys walk that way the way they do! haha

1  Thank Jen U
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Emerald Hollow Farm is one of the few places that offer trail riding on the Cape. They are very safety conscious and review all the instructions very clearly. Their horses were very well groomed and well behaved with just enough spirit to make it fun. Some of the hills are a little steep so this might not be the best place for someone who has never riden before, but for anyone else, it is quite enjoyable.

3  Thank Luvocean3
See more reviews
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We were vacationing in Provincetown and wanted to do something different. So we thought, horseback riding should be fun for us two "city" girls!
First, there's no sign identifying the farm, so that was a little confusing...I had to call and describe where I was and ask where to go from there. But once that was over, it was fun and entertainment from then on. Our instructor/guide (cannot remember his name) was awesome!!! He is the owners son. He was so pleasant and patient, especially dealing with girls from a big city! We had all kinds of questions and he kept great conversation during the 1 hour trail ride. The horses are healthy looking, the farm and stable was very clean and the price was quite reasonable considering the expense it takes to raise 1 horse (one of our 101 questions)
My only complaint- how much pain I was in the next day from riding a horse. But that goes without saying.
We hope our guide "gets a day off" soon... Reward him for his impeccable customer service, his horse knowledge and his loyalty to his family and farm. That's a tough job!

3  Thank Tamara3125