Review Highlights
Back in the Saddle

Went horseback riding with my brother while on vacation in P.town to Emerald Hollow farm and had a... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2015
michelle B
Andover, Massachusetts
Nice Ride Through the Woods

I hadn't ridden in about 10 years, and my sister in 4 times that..... but on our annual sojourn to... read more

Reviewed September 30, 2015
James F
Portland, Maine

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

There are two barns you want to drive all the way down the end. Folks at the first barn are really nice, they welcome you and direct you.

Nancy keeps all communications with you after your reservation and she is easy to reach in case you have any questions in between. She wants you to have the best experience and makes you feel comfortable in her place and most importantly with the animals. -she trusts them and helps you to trust them as well!

We went on Mother's Day Sunday. She obv had plans so her son, Jay took us out! Before we went out we filled out forms (read it thru) and got our helmets. Jay was awesome! He chose the best horse from me and I was happy and comfortable. I love horses and I have always wanted to ride but I realized that I also had a fear of falling and being trampled on (think everyone does). But when you have a horse that is trained and will suit your level its all good!

The weather was perfect! Jay took us on the conservation land which was well kept. The trail wasnt a straight path, we went up hill and down hill; Jay walked you thru the whole thing! It was amazing! He checks on you the whole time to make sure you are on your saddle and properly guiding the horse. We talked the whole time it was great! I loved riding and will def ride again!

3  Thank Veronica B
Reviewed May 14, 2015

We went here as a group of four and none of us had been on a horse since we were kids. I can't think a better first experience. Booking was easy. The horses were very well trained and required only a small amount of guidance. The farm had everything setup for us, including a small platform to make it easier to mount and dismount. Our guide was friendly and clearly knew what he was doing. A very pleasant surprise for me was the trail - it had some pretty steep hills and sharp turns, and really wound around the forest and along a pond. Had it been summertime, I think it would have been rather densely wooded in parts. As a complete novice to this, I really liked going through some interesting terrain. As their website clearly states (and we knew when we booked) - this is not a beach ride. The ride was probably a little over an hour, which was just right for everyone. We had a wonderful time and I would recommend this to others who are visiting the Cape.

Date of experience: May 2015
3  Thank KDAA
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Our family of four (two adults with some riding experience, 14-year girl, 9-year boy with no previous riding) cost $75 each. The guide (? Jay) was matter-of-fact and gave a lot of instructions, which I appreciated; horses are beautiful animals but they can be very dangerous if you make a wrong move.

We rode for an hour along trails at a gentle pace through a forest, so there was plenty of shade. The quiet, gentle movement was peaceful, almost hypnotic for me. I was especially pleased to see my son and daughter have a very positive experience.

This is the stuff lifelong memories are made of. Recommended.

Date of experience: August 2014
3  Thank John S
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Owner's son was our guide. Horse were great and well taken care of. Guide could have been a little more polite, constantly correcting riders, all who have ridden many times before. He had a bad attitude.

Date of experience: July 2014
5  Thank Lorihu
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This experience was great! The tour guide was friendly, patient and regularly offered advice on how to manage your horse. The farm seemed clean and horses seemed well taken care of. The trail ride had some small paths hovering a cliff (it seemed) which was a bit unnerving but the horses knew what to do. Would recommend the ride and would go again myself.

Date of experience: June 2014