“We missed it. Don't you.”

Emerald Hollow Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated stable offering riding lessons for all ages and boarding for our students.
Reviewed August 10, 2015

Actually, we didn't get to go riding. But there was a good reason. We had a reservation to ride one morning, but alas, the owner called to say that one of their beloved horses had died overnight, and there were too many things she and her family and staff had to deal with. She offered us several other times that unfortunately for us did not work out. But if our experience speaking to her is any indication, the staff at Emerald Farms will do anything to help make your ride wonderful.

Date of experience: August 2015

Reviewed July 23, 2015

Our party of 4 adults and 1 child (11yo) had a wonderful experience at this friendly, clean family farm. The reservation was easy and the owner called me to confirm. Three of us were first time riders. The staff there were so friendly and patient with us. They matched us all up to the right horses. The horses were clean and well trained. We felt very safe. We rode for a good hour which was perfect. I loved the Iocation in Brewster because with a 11am ride we had time to spend the afternoon at the beach. We live about 1hr and 40 mins away but it was definitely worth trip and would definitely do again. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for horseback riding or just something fun to do.

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank Cindy V
Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

There are two barns you want to drive all the way down the end. Folks at the first barn are really nice, they welcome you and direct you.

Nancy keeps all communications with you after your reservation and she is easy to reach in case you have any questions in between. She wants you to have the best experience and makes you feel comfortable in her place and most importantly with the animals. -she trusts them and helps you to trust them as well!

We went on Mother's Day Sunday. She obv had plans so her son, Jay took us out! Before we went out we filled out forms (read it thru) and got our helmets. Jay was awesome! He chose the best horse from me and I was happy and comfortable. I love horses and I have always wanted to ride but I realized that I also had a fear of falling and being trampled on (think everyone does). But when you have a horse that is trained and will suit your level its all good!

The weather was perfect! Jay took us on the conservation land which was well kept. The trail wasnt a straight path, we went up hill and down hill; Jay walked you thru the whole thing! It was amazing! He checks on you the whole time to make sure you are on your saddle and properly guiding the horse. We talked the whole time it was great! I loved riding and will def ride again!

3  Thank Veronica B
Reviewed May 14, 2015

We went here as a group of four and none of us had been on a horse since we were kids. I can't think a better first experience. Booking was easy. The horses were very well trained and required only a small amount of guidance. The farm had everything setup for us, including a small platform to make it easier to mount and dismount. Our guide was friendly and clearly knew what he was doing. A very pleasant surprise for me was the trail - it had some pretty steep hills and sharp turns, and really wound around the forest and along a pond. Had it been summertime, I think it would have been rather densely wooded in parts. As a complete novice to this, I really liked going through some interesting terrain. As their website clearly states (and we knew when we booked) - this is not a beach ride. The ride was probably a little over an hour, which was just right for everyone. We had a wonderful time and I would recommend this to others who are visiting the Cape.

Date of experience: May 2015
3  Thank KDAA
See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Our family of four (two adults with some riding experience, 14-year girl, 9-year boy with no previous riding) cost $75 each. The guide (? Jay) was matter-of-fact and gave a lot of instructions, which I appreciated; horses are beautiful animals but they can be very dangerous if you make a wrong move.

We rode for an hour along trails at a gentle pace through a forest, so there was plenty of shade. The quiet, gentle movement was peaceful, almost hypnotic for me. I was especially pleased to see my son and daughter have a very positive experience.

This is the stuff lifelong memories are made of. Recommended.

Date of experience: August 2014