“Excellent Upscale Dining!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We have loved Chillingsworth for decades. The dining room overlooking the garden is a beautiful as ever with its fresh flowers and romantic environment. The the food is as good as ever as well, thanks to Chef Nitzi Rabin who continues his top notch tradition. And our compliments to the staff, headed by Anna, who is so welcoming and professional in every way in the service. The truffled mac and cheese is one of my wife’s favorite dishes anywhere. I love the lobster stew appetizer, and can rarely resist having the signature ahi tuna topped with foie gras; though the veal dishes are always great as well, as are the local seafood presentations. Excellent souffles and other desserts as well. Reasonably priced wine list. Always a class night out!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Four of us ate in the Bistro by the window. We were there on a weeknight, right at 5 PM, and had the Price Fixed menu, which was good. It included an appetizer or salad, a main course, and a dessert. There were many items to choose from - not just a handful. Appetizers were good too, and desserts were awesome. The Chocolate Bread Pudding was particularly good. I thought the drink prices were high, though I admit the wine pour was good. When we walked in, the whole place smelled musty. It was a VERY hot and humid week, and we were among the first in for the evening - perhaps they should have had the air conditioning going earlier to stir up the air. Our waitress was excellent - attentive, friendly, and got everything right. Overall, we had a very nice meal.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I've been going to Chillingsworth at least twice a week for the past 8 years when I am up at my Cape house.
I especially like sitting in the Bar section where the excellent bartender Kathy oversees everything and makes killer cocktails and a generous wine pour (nice wine selection too). My faves are the tuna tartare appetizer, Salmon w Curried Sticky Rice and Coconut Milk Sauce, Bistro Steak and their killer burger.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

The Fine Dining section is a few dollars more than the Bistro, but well worth it! It is more peaceful and less crowded, and diners can select as much or as little as they want from the excellent menu.

It is better to wait until you have time to relax and enjoy the 'old house' surroundings, with its elegant and sedate atmosphere, and plenty of interest for the exploring eyes. All the food is perfectly prepared, with extra touches that make it well worth the price for a special occasion. The wait staff attention is closer - they have more time for each table, and are happy to chat a little and respond to any extra request they can.

1  Thank Peasmould
Reviewed August 20, 2018

My wife and I enjoyed our flounder, and our neighbors at the adjoining tables were enthusiastic about one of the daily specials, a spectacular looking piece of halibut. My wife's heirloom tomato salad was very good (I filched some) and my field green salad was way better than ordinary. A key lime tart topped off the meal in fine style.