“The bad reviews are true. Very disappointing.”
Review of Ocean Terrace

Ocean Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ocean Terrace. The place to begin the party or to wind down over drinks at sunset. A stunning mix of old and new, Ocean Terrace features a hip outdoor bar and dining area adjacent to the historic Nickerson Mansion, with two fire bowl lounges and breathtaking views of Cape Cod Bay. At Ocean Terrace indoors, three intimate dining rooms in the Mansion have been preserved to reflect the turn-of-the-century period of the Nickerson family. Ocean Terrace outdoors offers a stunning view of Cape Cod Bay and dining under the stars. Join us and take in the best view of the bayside of Cape Cod.
Reviewed June 23, 2017

I should have read the recent reviews before coming here. Ocean Terrace is certainly a beautiful location, but my experience was shockingly bad. Was there to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday and really wanted her to have a good experience. Was there on a quiet Wednesday night. We both ordered the grilled swordfish. Both of our dinners were not cooked properly and was raw in the middle. Not just a little raw, but completely raw. We asked for the fish to be grilled again. When the fish came back, it was delivered to the wrong table (and they had a few bites of our meal). The other table sent back our dinners. At that point, we decided to cut our losses and left.

BryanWebb, Manager at Ocean Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I greatly apologize for the level of service that you received, and that it ruined your birthday evening with your friend. When you have the chance, I invite you to contact me directly so that I may learn more about the situation. Thank you again.

Bryan Webb
Resort Manager
Bryan.Webb@oceanedge.com

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the positives. This restaurant is BEAUTIFUL. The view is spectacular and the drinks are good. Unfortunately, I can not recommend coming here for anything besides that. Out of our party of 5, three of us ordered the filet mignon medium rare. All three filets came out well done, they were gray inside. We sent them back and again three filets came out gray inside, very well done. The filets cost $40 each and the chef ruined 6 of them. Our other two party members ordered seafood, which was also too overcooked and dry to eat. The manager did come over and apologized and took all three steaks off the bill. However we were there for an hour and a half and left starving. Also to note, my aunt called ahead of time and paid for two bottles of champagne for our table as we we're there for a celebration. They charged our bill for the two bottles after she had already paid for them!! Luckily I caught it and made them refund us. If this place could get their act together it would be the best restaurant on the cape. Sadly we got Papa Gino's on the way home. Such a disappointment.

2  Thank Erica H

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I would like to personally apologize for the service you received during your dinner. When you have the chance, I invite you to contact me directly so that I may learn more and address the situation with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback.

Bryan Webb
Resort Manager
Bryan.Webb@oceanedge.com

Reviewed June 12, 2017

Ocean terrace is part bar/part restaurant. Did not eat, but bar has lovely view with fire pits and couches. Wonderful way to enjoy early evening and ocean breeze.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

Have visited several times, most recently on a friday late afternoon for drinks and snacks. Great service, tremendous views, and outstanding crab cakes. Really love this spot and the service.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We were on Cape Cod for a week that happened to be Restaurant Week, so I was looking around at new places to try. Ocean Terrace was offering a prix fixe menu for $35.00 which was in the range of others, however they offered more choices within each course. I decided to give this a try for our group of four. No one was disappointed. We ate on the terrace overlooking Cape Cod Bay, enjoyed the sunset, had superb service in a friendly setting. Despite our not being guests at the resort, we were treated exceptionally in a friendly, helpful and welcoming manner.