“Great View and Raw Bar!”
Review of Ocean Terrace

Ocean Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ocean Terrace. The place to begin the party or to wind down over drinks at sunset. A stunning mix of old and new, Ocean Terrace features a hip outdoor bar and dining area adjacent to the historic Nickerson Mansion, with two fire bowl lounges and breathtaking views of Cape Cod Bay. At Ocean Terrace indoors, three intimate dining rooms in the Mansion have been preserved to reflect the turn-of-the-century period of the Nickerson family. Ocean Terrace outdoors offers a stunning view of Cape Cod Bay and dining under the stars. Join us and take in the best view of the bayside of Cape Cod.
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 9 dined here one night when we stayed. We tend to never make a reservation, we forgot, but the hostess was very accommodation. The view is spectacular and we had perfect weather to eat outside. It is pricey, for our party of 9 (5 adults, 2 teens, and 2 toddlers) over $400 with tip. We tend to go family style when we eat (order a bunch of stuff and share). The dish that blew us away was the lobster dish with fresh pasta, it was divine. Raw bar was delicious - definitely try the oysters. Staff was attentive and very friendly. Definitely will go again. I suggest at night, so you can have a wonderful sunset while you dine. Remember to call ahead for reservations, we were lucky they accommodated to such a large party.

BryanWebb, Manager at Ocean Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your meals, especially the lobster pasta, and how friendly and helpful you found our staff to be. Our new Raw Bar is a great addition, and I am glad you got to experience it. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner later, at night. It was quite cool, could have used some outdoor heaters, but the staff were very attentive and brought my wife a throw, very cozy. The menu was nice, good wine selection. We enjoyed our food and the service was excellent. Definitely a nice experience.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals and found our staff so be both attentive and friendly. I am also glad to hear that they brought out the throw blankets for you. We do have heaters at the bar, as well as two outdoor fire bowl lounges to keep warm. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Visited Ocean Terrace for a wedding...gorgeous venue and the Ocean Terrace restaurant definitely deserves 5 stars! Mirjana helped us to our table, was incredible attentive and welcoming. We'll be back!

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the level of service you received. I hope you enjoyed the wedding! Thank you again for you kind words.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

As a local in Brewster I have eaten at Ocean Terrace many times. Last year my staff and I ate here weekly and truly enjoyed not only the awesome views but the great food. This year was truly disappointing with an obvious shift to doubling the size of the bar and cutting attention to the food quality in half. Our bountiful cobb salad with Steak went from a generous bowl of salad with very fresh ingredients and plenty of steak to a very small salad plate with 4 small steak medallions and less than fresh ingredients. But even more disappointing was the Lovely Pot de Creme prepared in the classic french style of dense dark chocolate with a small dollop of fresh whipped cream. The new pot de creme is now in a coffee mug with a ton of less than fresh whipped cream and watery tasteless chocolate mousse. The loss of the proper Pot de Creme has caused great sadness amongst my entire team! Hopefully management steps in and saves the day!

1  Thank TrishKennedy

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I apologize your disappointment. We do make changes to the menu each season, but we will certainly take your feedback into consideration for next year. Thank you again for your honest feedback, as it is always welcomed.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Love the terrace for lunch. Excellent salads and the service is good. Have also tried shrimp and scallops with salad so yummy. The view is excellent. Often you'll catch a glimpse of a wedding or two or three on occasion. Have also dined in the tavern in the winter. Although it was good the atmosphere was just too dark for me.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your lunches over the years and the view of Cape Cod Bay. Thank you again. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.