If this is #1 in Burlington, we would not stay at #2-6. We found this to be a very average hotel, especially given the reviews and price. We are avid users of tripadvisor when planning our travels but this location let us down.
We arrived late with the expectation of a crib for our 3 month and the sleeper sofa for our 2 year old. Found no crib available upon arrival! The 2 year old slept in the king bed with dad and baby on the sleeper sofa with mom, not a safe option. Let's just say the next day was not a bright and cheery one after that arrangement. The sleeper sofa is VERY uncomfortable on top of that. We were told a crib would not be available for the second night either although when we mentioned we were checking out given that information, a crib was located within the hour.
The room was clean but slightly dated, especially the bathroom which had every single floor tile loose and damaged towel rack. The standard bed was comfortable but very noisy with every single movement which wakes sleeping babies. Having two TV's was a plus but the DVD player was disconnected and unplugged and we were not able to make it work at all. The television in the bedroom had VERY poor cable reception which after disconnecting and reconnecting several times we finally found a sweet spot and were able to watch. The kitchen was a great plus; however, the refrigerator was noisy during most cycles and is located within the same room as the sleeper sofa. Also there are no darkening curtains in the main room right next to the sleeper sofa so early morning light pours in.
The noise factor of the hotel was very disappointing. You can hear people roaming inside and out at all hours of the night. The noise from the rooms above you is also very loud. We heard continuous heavy footsteps until late at night.
The included breakfast was as expected with any average free hot/cold hotel mix.
Overall, very disappointed with our stay and we will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt House Boston/Burlington is a contemporary styled hotel with the comforts of home and office. With its residential feel and inviting social spaces, our hotel is a place to live, not just stay. Located 20 minutes from Boston, our hotel offers easy access to local businesses, shopping, dining and attractions, including Wayside Commons and historic Cambridge. Spread out and get comfortable in our spacious suites where you feel right at home. Go with a One-Bedroom or Two-Bedroom Suite, featuring a plush Hyatt Grand Bed(R), full kitchen with cabinets, dedicated work space and a living room with flat-panel TV and DVD for an evening of relaxation. Got extra guests? We've got a standard pull out sofa bed as well. Start your morning off with our complimentary Morning Spread with Omelet Bar. Grab freshly prepared sandwiches and salads from the 24-hour Guest Market or grab a few groceries for whipping up a meal in your room. Whether you are visiting for business or leisure, as our resident guest you will enjoy a 24-hour workout room, seasonal outdoor pool and a business center. Our friendly House Host is happy to help with anything else you need to feel connected and comfortable ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your HYATT house Boston/Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Burlington Hotel Burlington
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Burlington
- Summerfield Suites Burlington
- Hyatt Burlington
- Burlington Summerfield Suites