“Not bad at all!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Buzzards Bay
Florida
“Not bad at all!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

This is a decent, older hotel. If you're one who is drawn to the Holiday Inn Express style hotels, then this is not for you. But we're into these older hotels with some Character. It's a wood frame structure with creaky floors and no elevator. But it was inexpensive, the room was clean (smoking room for my wife) and the king bed was comfortable. We stayed two nights and had no complaints. Again, it's a rough, New England style hotel but don't believe the reviews where they may say it's in a shady area or anything. It's not. Those people need to get real. The bar next door is called TJ's and the only motorcycle in sight was the Harley Davidson my wife and I rode out to Buzzards Bay! It's not a biker joint. So if you want basic accommodations -- meaning, no breakfast, etc... this place is definitely not bad. Oh, and an added plus is that there's a Starbucks right next door for morning coffee.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Tom B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

I travel with my dog, so I have to take what I can get. Most places charge $50 and up for a "dog fee", this place was $25 ($10 refunded upon checkout if your room passed...."
You get what you pay for. It's a $50 +/- room, on The Cape, off season.
Yes, the walls are a bit thin, bring ear plugs. No - the sheets aren't 400 count, and the towels are NOT egyptian cotton. The staff I encountered were decent, some of the other guests certainly were a bit shady -- but I didn't feel like I was ever in danger. Right off the highway, conveniently located.
Mini fridge and microwave in the room, hot water -- that's always a good thing.
I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank CarlPaine
Cape Cod
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

I work in the hospitality industry and have never encountered such terrible customer service by the so-called "manager". Inappropriate remarks, rude personality. Should have read tripadvisor previously, this place is a dump!

Stayed September 2009
1 Thank val7379

Travellers are raving about these Buzzards Bay hotels

mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2009

We were traveling late and needed a room. stopped at starbucks and using my laptop searched for a motel room. The Eastern inn came up on our search, we saw the bad reviews, but we were tired of traveling and asked someone at starbucks, they said stay at the Eastern Inn, it is right next door and a very nice place.
We took a chance and rented a room. The room was very nice. In fact nothing written in the last few reviews seemed true. The man at the desk helped us with travel plans, gave us a coupon for a free quahog at the restaurant next door, the room was very comfortable and clean. We stayed 2 extra nights. Going back in November

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank gladston
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

Super shady management. Disrespectful, ignorant, trashy. You'd be better off sleeping in your car under the bridge. Filthy rooms, unsafe environment.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

We knew from the room rates that we wouldn't be staying at the Hilton BUT this motel leaves a lot to be desired. However, it wasn't so cheap that you would think it would've been as bad as it was either. We arrived late and like another reviewer we would have left if it wasn't so late and we weren't so tired. The room was barely clean but shabby in appearance (not chic shabby). The sheets were so rough, we felt like we'd get splinters from them if we moved around too much. The bath towels felt like Brillo pads and were the size of most hand towels. BUT the worst part of it was that the walls were so paper thin we could hear our neighbors all night long. Long and short we hardly slept a wink. Not sure about the clientele of this place--drugs, sex, rock and roll but we would not go back.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

The people who run this place are completely shady. I called and made a reservation about 6 weeks in advance of our travel date. The man I spoke with was pleasant, but he took very little contact information from me and gave me no confirmation numbers. I thought this was a bit perplexing but he assured me that I had a room reserved so I was satisfied with the transaction. Three days later our travel plans changed so I called and cancelled our reservation at the Eastern Inn. I spoke with the same pleasant man, and he assured me that the room was cancelled and no fee would be charged. The night before we were scheduled to check in a received a call from a woman asking when we would be arriving - I told her that I had cancelled our trip over a month ago. I asked her if I would be charged a fee becuase of this unfortunate mistake on their part - and she assured me that I would not be. Minutes after hanging up the phone she called me back and informed that actually I would be charged 150.00 dollars becuase they had no record of my cancellation. Teh whole interaction with this place was shady and left me feeling really bad not to mention 150.00 dollars in the hole.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
14.2 km away
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
20.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth

Been to Eastern Inn? Share your experiences!