New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Westford
“Absolutely delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Wonderful hotel! The grounds are gorgeous and the staff couldnt have been more helpful and friendly. The rooms are as described, private deck off the back of the room was a nice bonus, clean and spacious rooms with turn down service every night! Definitely will be heading back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 243 was was the farthest from the Front desk and pools, but if offered us the peac...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

A last minute change in our plans landed us in Chatham. It was a blessing we ended up at Pleasant Bay. We needed TLC and we got it, superior service. The lobby was always welcoming thanks to John, Josh & Judy (coffee was fab) and we were impressed with the groundskeeping.
Next time I'd like to try one of the suites, we were 4 in room but I think we got the last room available since we booked last minute. The pool was nicely maintained and the outdoor jacuzzi was fantastic because the air temperature was cool when we arrived. Mid-Cape is convenient to activities, yes, we'd return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Westchester County, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

This stay of five nights was our first stay at the Pleasant Bay Village. I will try not to repeat the things that so many other people have documented quite well, but I will try to give our unique impressions of this hotel.

On prior trips to Cape Cod we have stayed at the Chatham Bars Inn several times and Wequassett once. Each time I left with the feeling that I had sort of been robbed, as well as annoyed by things like the folks who sneak down and throw newspapers on the beach chairs at CBI before the pool opens, so that some clerk can tell you that the only way to get a poolside seat to enjoy with your $800/night room is to pay another $200 for a cabana (yes, that happened a couple of years ago, and the clerk still probably has the sound of my reply echoing in his ear). So this summer, while trying to find last minute avilability for the Cape, I guess that deep down inside I was gratified to find that the other places were booked -- enough about them. I came across this property on Tripadvisor, and thought I would give it a try with my family.

Pleasant Bay Village is what it is. It is not a luxury resort. But it is a very well maintained, well run, clean and enjoyable place to spend a Cape vacation in the town of Chatham without being robbed, and without being surrounded by rude, obnoxious guests.

Our room was ready when promised and spotlessly clean. (I have become a paranoid traveler in the age of bed bugs, and the first thing that I do when I check into a hotel room is pull back the sheets to check -- happily there were none). The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Nightly turn down service with candies was a nice little touch. With each room assigned its own parking spot, parking was never a hassle. The free wifi worked well, which was important to me to keep up with business.

We did not spend alot of time checking out the landscaping, but as many have pointed out, it is really fabulous. The folks at the front desk will even give you food to feed the fish in the koi pond.

We only used the pool one day (we were really at the Cape to spend time at the beaches), but it was quite nice, and finding seats was not an issue. Although Route 28 runs by the property, the heavy landscaping gives a nice sense of privacy.

We only ate one meal at the property - a breakfast before we checked out which made me regret the fact that we hadn't eaten there more often. My pancakes, juice and coffee were outstanding and the service was fast and courteous.

The folks who run and maintain the property were extremely friendly, helpful and courteous, from the time of my initial e-mail inquiry on short notice right up until the time that we checked out. And the giant, friendly dog named 'Bear" who hangs around was really a nice old pooch.

I am having a hard time coming up with negatives. If you need a private beach, stay somewhere else, because this is not beachfront property. But even when we stayed at CBI we wound up spending most of our time at Nauset, Skaket or the like, so I didn't really miss that aspect. And there is no shuttle into town, but that's the tradeoff for having an easily accessible assigned parking space - no problem to hop in the car and drive to town, about 5 minutes to Main St. Chatham, 15 minutes to Orleans.

I would definitely stay here again. I felt that it was very good value compared to other Chatham properties, very nice people, and I didn't feel like I was overpaying just so that I could "namedrop" to other people the name of the place where I stayed. I left there feeling relaxed rather than aggravated.

In fact, that was the primary quality about the place that leads me to give the full five stars (I was debating between four or five) - it did for me exactly what I wanted it to do - it gave my family an enjoyable week at the Cape without aggravation of any kind.

Thanks very much PBV - see you again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank leprechaunsdad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

This resort is amazing. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the staff is friendly and helpful. It's right across from the bay and close proximity to the beach, Chatham, and Nickerson state park. The rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Edelweiss89
Brookline, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

No matter what other activities we enjoy in any given summer, we make it a point to spend a week at Pleasant Bay Village. For us, it continues to be the perfect Cape Cod summer experience. We started our association with this exceptional resort in 1991 when the two of us spent four nights there. As the summers passed, we lengthened our stay and added family members. We've just concluded a week's stay, joined by our children and their families.

The variety of accommodations perfectly suits the needs of each group of us -- lovely, well-equipped motel rooms, with refrigerator, modern bath and private deck; beautiful efficiencies with state-of-the-art kitchens and baths, and spacious, well-equipped one- and two-bedroom suites with modern kitchens and baths. Each unit has its own outdoor area.

The grounds are breathtakingly beautiful with koi pond, gardens and waterfalls, the service is excellent and the management and staff helpful, efficient, and friendly. For us, the centerpiece of each summer's stay is the large, heated swimming pool. Our group spends hours here, swimming and enjoying poolside food service and the adjoining hot tub.

Pleasant Bay Village never stops adding improvements and each year, we find wonderful surprises, sometimes relating to the physical plant, such as the popular hot tub and expanded dining room; sometimes creative/artistic additions, such as new art work and small, unobtrusive, whimsical 'creatures' which one comes upon, both indoors and out. Everything about the place reflects quiet good taste. Pleasant Bay Village has moved with the times, with solar panels which provide significant energy to this 'green' establishment, and wi-fi throughout.

Pleasant Bay Village is in a central position on the Cape and our group, three generations strong, has enjoyed, neighboring beaches, shopping, fine dining, museums, summer theater and concerts and some memorable whale watches.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DuckSoup
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Highly recommend Pleasant Bay Village! The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff are always friendly and helpful and the grounds are beautiful. Gorgeous gardens, beautiful pool area, delicious breakfasts in the main house and lunches poolside. This is our 4th summer staying there and we just keep coming back. With lots of fabulous dining options nearby, PBV is perfect for couples and families. The resort is just minutes from town and near several beaches. PBV is one of our favorite places to stay and we are always quick to recommend staying there to friends and family. We look forward to many more getaways at PBV!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
amityville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I retuned to PBR in June, having stayed there in the fall of '09. It is truly a hidden treasure. Greeted by John, and owner, Judy. it was great to be back.
The lush gardens and koi ponds add to the tranquility. All about the resort and in the rooms, you will see works of local artists which add to it's charm. The pool area is landscaped beautifully.
Once in a room, then in a cottage cottage - both offered different, but satisfying amenities.
The surrounding area offers scenic walks, great restaurants and the beach nearby.
The breakfasts were wonderful. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
4.6 km away
11.1 km away
Eagle Wing Inn
Eagle Wing Inn
#1 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Pleasant Bay Village? Share your experiences!