Pleasant Bay Village
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chatham Seafarer Inn(Chatham)
Chatham Tides(South Chatham)
View Hotel
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)
View Hotel
All reviewskoi pondfeed the fishshuffle boardcape codpool and hot tubping pongpool areabeautiful groundsprivate deckpleasant staynice poolenjoyed our stayshort driveturn down serviceowners and staffchatham centerliving room
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Ditto on most of the comments in the other reviews. Just want to give a shout out to the front staff who were friendly and very helpful. We like B&Bs generally because of the extra concierge service from the owners...and the PBV staff were just as helpful with ideas for restaurants, walks, etc. My only down comment has to do with personal taste: I didn't like the Florida-type color scheme in our room And I think the bed linens could be upgraded a smidge. The bathroom was very high end on the plus side. And the two issues I had with room problems were resolved cheerfully and immediately...so kudos for that. Excellent choice for the price range and the pool/hot tub space is hard to beat. The ping pong table added a fun few minutes also.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking and want to get to pool area alot, stay away from the farther rooms (e.g. 242, 243).
1  Thank MrsBaloney
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Pleasant Bay Village is a true hidden treasure behind a wall of tress on busy Route 28. Once you enter the beautifully landscaped grounds you'll feel like you are tucked away in a private resort. The grounds are deceptively large and the landscaping provides a lot of privacy. There is nothing fancy about the hotel, but everything it has is done well. The rooms are impeccable, tastefully decorated and take into account your every need. There is plenty of room to fully unpack with a large closet and lots of drawer space and shelves. Everything in the bathroom was pristine and the lighting is terrific (one of my personal bugaboos - hate having to go outside to put on my make-up!) Johnny and Judy at the desk are always fun to chat with, have great local recommendations, and will go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We thought the breakfasts were simple but great, although the service a tad slow - but this gives you time to talk to Smokey - the African Gray Parrot, and pet Bear - the huge dog mascot in the lobby.
Pleasant Bay Village is in a terrific location, easy access to the beaches and other attractions. I've been going to the Cape for 50+ years and stayed in all kinds of places. So glad we found Pleasant Bay Village last year right here on Tripadvisor. This was just our second stay at Pleasant Bay Village, but I'm sure we'll be back again and again.

Room Tip: There are a variety of different types of rooms available, so call Johnny and tell him what you are looking for. I'm sure he will help you make a good choice.
2  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 19 September 2011

It was my first stay at Pleasant Bay and it was very nice. The room was clean and charming. Since it was "off-season", it was pretty quiet and low key and even though the room we had was closer to the main road, it was still very quiet. The location is great - so close and convenient to many great destinations but also very quaint and charming. Also, we did alot more exploring around the area, so didn't really utilize many of the resorts amenities but the grounds were gorgeous and the staff was very pleasant and accomodating. I would definitely consider a future stay here as well as recommend this to my friends.

2  Thank agr1125
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Hi I recently stayed in Pleasant Bay with a group of friends attending a wedding nearby. We really enjoyed our stay. There is a very warm atmosphere created both by the staff and the landscaping. Rooms were very clean, showers were piping hot and very powerful. The location is very convenient both to Chatham town and neighbouring resorts. On leaving the hotel I left my passport folder in the bed side locker and when I called to inform Pleasant Bay, Johnny in reception was so helpful and arranged for Fedex to send it to me at my next location. Don't hesitate to book Pleasant Bay for your next trip to the Chatham area.

Paul (Dublin, Ireland)

Room Tip: Room 107 is a large end unit with rear access to Pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the village and took a room for two. The welcome from the staff was excellent and warm and the facilities and village were explained very well. At all times the staff were very helpful and informative. Our room was very clean and well decorated with everything required for the stay..................even an evening turndown service.

The grounds and pool area are delightful and spacious, with the mature planting scheme, pond and garden features looking magnificent.

The location is great, close to a beach and easy to find with good access to the centre of Chatham for good restaurants (staff recommend good ones), beach etc.

Only downside was that breakfast service could be a little slow and a bit pricey.

If you are looking for a good base for your visit to Cape Cod you won't go far wrong here for quality and value...............and a great friendly welcome.

Room Tip: They all looked good to us