Pleasant Bay Village
Hawthorne Motel(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$150
The Chatham Motel(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$97
Chatham Highlander(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$109
The Chatham Wayside Inn(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$220
Official Hotel
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$385
Chatham Inn At 359 Main(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$189
Official Site
US$425
US$395
Priceline
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$85
Travelocity
Chatham Tides(South Chatham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Chatham Seafarer Inn(Chatham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskoi pondfeed the fishshuffle boardcape codpool and hot tubping pongpool areabeautiful groundsprivate deckpleasant staynice poolenjoyed our stayshort driveturn down serviceowners and staffchatham centerliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Pleasant Bay Village , Family operated, is a great place to stay while visiting Chatham. The grounds have been carefully landscaped with beautiful greenery and floral paths. The rooms are clean and the service was inviting.

A huge, friendly family dog and a very social parrot will greet you as you enter the front office...The inviting scents from breakfast or fresh coffee meet your nose in the mornings.

Pleasant Bay is convenient to the beaches ( Nauset and Light House in the opposite direction) and the local baseball field :) The beach takes about 15 min. to drive to, where you can see seals swimming at any given time at Nauset. Just up the road from Pleasant Bay village, is a quaint inlet where we stopped and let our 10 and 12 year old hunt for crayfish and horseshoe crabs :)

If you want to stop by a store on your way to and from , CHRISTMAS TREE SHOPPE is always a fun place to stop !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here as a group for a family wedding June 2010 because it was reasonable for family of 5 staying 2 nights for my nephews wedding at the upscale Wequaissett Inn. The grounds were very peaceful and pretty. The room was average at best. They could use updating. It was a good price and convenient location for nearby wedding. However, I had my room cleaned Sat the day of wedding and my silver Tiffany earrings were stolen. t was a very hectic weekend with many family members staying here and I noticed they were gone when I returned home. I called the owner as soon as I returned home and she became quiet when I told her they were missing. She said they would look into it...but they were never recovered.They were only $100 earrings but sentimental because they were given to me as a Christmas present from my children. I have learned this experience to always ask about a safe in the room to avoid tempting someone from stealing my belongings. I remembered taking them off Fri night after returning from dinner and leaving them with a costume necklace in the bathroom but only the necklace was left. It has always bothered me that someone stole from a small family run business. I hope they fired her.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lizzya5
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Pleasant Bay Village is charming spot with large rooms, orginal art, fabulous landscaping and wonderful owners and satff. We were there late in the season - October and they were so helpful and kind. Please ignore the gentleman who posted silly photos of small chips in the paint ect. We are in the tourism industry and after a full season of occupancy these things happen and over the winter you take care of them. For a visitor to spend time looking for flaws indicates other issues in their lives. If you want a pool, larger than usaul rooms, your own patios, comfortable beds and great service please stay at Pleasant Bay Village. They even have a book lending shelve to sya nothing of homeade cornbread muffins on the breakfast bar.
Thanks so much, Judy, Josh and Johnny

Room Tip: Every room overlooks a lucious landscape so I don't see how you could go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Janet_W204
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Reading the other reviews, I'm really surprised we're talking about the same place.

We travelled from New York and had wanted to book one night at first and if we liked it, then book another 4 nights. Judy on reception advised us to book the 5 nights up front as she said the Cod was very busy & we would have difficulty finding anywhere else. She did say she didnt want to pressure us but on our journey, we were worried we would end up with no other accomodation for the rest of our stay. So based on this & the Trip Advisor ratings, we booked 5 nights up front. We asked about their cancellation policy in case we changed our mind, but they said that bookings were non refundable. So we took a chance.

As we were going to arrive at 9.30pm, they advised us to eat on the way. However circumstances meant that we couldn't so we hoped they would be able to make some snacks when we arrived. It wasn't that sort of hotel....they only served breakfast and no evening meals/snacks. There was no bar. It was more of a motel. Johnny on reception said Chatham was a quiet place with no nightlife and everything shut by 10pm generally. He rang 3 places in the centre to see if they were still serving food but they weren't - this was at 9.45pm in the height of the season! The hotel is 5 minute drive from the town centre & fortunately we found a takeaway pizza parlour which was still serving food.

On a positive note, the staff were helpful, very accommodating and willing to sort out any problems. Their resident dog Bear was an absolutely gorgeous and we all wanted to take him home with us. The landscaped grounds were very well kept too.

On a negative note, the rooms were very dated and although they looked clean at first glance, they were dirty in places. Wallpaper was coming off the walls, paintwork was patchy, and they were in need of updating. There were no tea/coffee facilities in the room and no safe.
We had 2 teenagers on 2 rollouts in our room....the mattresses on the rollouts were plastic and when the kids moved in them, they were noisy and creaky. The first night, our son hardly slept it was so uncomfortable and lumpy. We told the owner, who was very helpful & he provided us with 2 different rollouts with firmer mattresses. However they were still plastic covered so it didnt help the noise problem. But the kids said they were more comfortable.
We also were unfortunately next door to some college kids who were there for a wedding. The walls are very very thin and for 3 nights from 3 - 5 am they were raucous. Thudding, shouting and very drunk....we hardly slept. We did think of ringing reception but I was worried they would hear us complaining on the phone, as the walls were that thin! Other people complained about them to the staff.
The sink was also blocked, but sometimes you don't want to complain so we didnt. In all fairness to the staff, if we had, they would have sorted it out.
The breakfast service was slow, but the food was good.

I told my partner I wanted us to leave, but because we had booked up front and it was non refundable it wasnt an option.

I think the hotel is so important for how you enjoy the holiday - personal view. For me, it spoiled my experience of Cape Cod and I wont be going back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank tabby761
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Ditto on most of the comments in the other reviews. Just want to give a shout out to the front staff who were friendly and very helpful. We like B&Bs generally because of the extra concierge service from the owners...and the PBV staff were just as helpful with ideas for restaurants, walks, etc. My only down comment has to do with personal taste: I didn't like the Florida-type color scheme in our room And I think the bed linens could be upgraded a smidge. The bathroom was very high end on the plus side. And the two issues I had with room problems were resolved cheerfully and immediately...so kudos for that. Excellent choice for the price range and the pool/hot tub space is hard to beat. The ping pong table added a fun few minutes also.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking and want to get to pool area alot, stay away from the farther rooms (e.g. 242, 243).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple