“Good food, casual place”

Chatham Fish and Chips
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Good casual place to come with kids. We bought our food and sat outside as there is ample seating. It was really fresh seafood and enjoyable. We got there around 5:30pm on a weekday and by 6pm it got really busy, although there was still seating available. Definitely worth checking out for a casual meal.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Menu has standard seafood offerings and a kids' menu. Food was quite tasty and decent sized serving. Off of Main Street but has parking and a covered patio where dogs are allowed. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

This was the best fish & chips in town !!! The fish was crispy not greasy. Cooked perfect. The haddock sandwich was delicious too. The place is not fancy but clean. Great for families. The meals were not expensive. Staff friendly. Off the beaten path but worth finding. Not long lines like other restaurants in town on Main Street. If your looking for a family friendly plain simple place that offers great food and cheap prices go here.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

First off, I love a place that is easy. Nothing too fancy and nothing pretentious. This place is all that and a bag of chips, but by chips I mean fish and chips. Don't get me wrong, this little restaurant has so much more than fish and chips. My partner got the calamari and it was fresh, not chewy, and the fry was excellent. I got the traditional fish and chips and it came with a large slab of fish piled between french fries and amazing home-made onion rings. Tartar sauce was delish and the slaw was up to the task of refreshing you before heading back in for more bites of fish. BUT WAIT--THERE'S MORE! They have Po boys, grilled fish platters and *gasp* Jamaican food! I came for the fish and chips tonight, but I'll be back for that because I hear that Kevin, the chef, has some skills. :-) Not to mention, service was friendly and they're open late. Felt like family and it was our first time there. Give this place a shot...promise you'll be back.

1  Thank JoannaD1221
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Chatham Fish & Chips is convenient, has a parking lot, and indoor and outdoor dining. It's an easy place to get takeout before an Anglers game or watching the sunset on the beach. The chowder is excellent and I personally love the oyster po boy. They also serve unusual dishes like curried goat and tacos. My one disappointment - the fried clam strips. Just a little too greasy for my taste. But everything else that I've tried is excellent. The fish is fresh; I've seen the truck making daily deliveries.