“Wonderful Resort but Overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Boston, Ma
“Wonderful Resort but Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

I visit the resort with girlfriends and my husband several times throughout the year. I love it here, but the price point has become unreasonable. We stayed in one of their premium ocean front cottages, just gorgeous. The room and view were spectacular. Here is the rub. The room rate is ridiculous, especially for offseason. One cannot get breakfast included when paying $550+ a night. I mean, come on. The staff is great, except for the bar personnel. We arrived for dinner at 8:30pm after a relaxing day and were greeted with not much of a smile and "how can I help you"? Needless to say we went off property for dinner at The Impudent Oyster and Del Mar, sat at the bar for both dinners, and were extremely pleased with the service and food. Trust me, we don't ask for much. All one needs is a friendly greeting, good drink and great food. We expect this when paying these prices. Not sure this is the place for us anymore. . .

Stayed April 2011
5 Thank SweeneyBoston_Ma
mgbriggs, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor in addition to all of your past patronage to Chatham Bars Inn. I am sorry to learn of the somewhat cool reception experienced with a member of our bar staff, I will be reviewing with our evening restaurant manager immediately. Our service teams overall continue to post positive results on both our internal comment cards as well as on the web, however in this instance it sounds as though we fell short.
With regards to our seasonal rates, I would encourage you to inquire with our reservations team on many of our creative seasonal packages, many of which include breakfast. If you wish to discuss further, I am happy to speak with you directly in effort to find resolve. I can be reached directly at 508.945.6710. We do hope to see you again with your girlfriends and with your husband sometime in the near future.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Loved the CBI,,
Room was cozy with a fireplace, shower was great, nice view,,
Service in the hotel was point on
Breakfast was delicious
I don't think there is a more beautiful view on Cape Cod than from the front porch of this resort
Played the little 9 hole course on the property,, it was fun

Room Tip: I recommend the spa room!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Beautiful winter getaway instead of exchanging Christmas gifts this year. My friend and I booked spa appointments, enjoyed the quaint town of Chatham, read and drank wine by the fireplace in our suite and enjoyed two meals at the hotel. It was heavenly! The shower/bath combo in the room was the best I've ever seen - a spa experience unto itself. We watched a dusting of snow fall from the balcony outside our room overlooking the harbor and the lawn. The location, the room, the service and dining were all outstanding. I've been in the summer time with by boyfriend for a weekend and enjoyed it but now I'm a raving fan.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Purchased a voucher via Rue La La for a one night stay and could not have been more pleased. Everything about our stay was top notch. Our room was cozy, but very comfortable. It felt like we were staying at someone's house and not a hotel- huge plus! The voucher included in room bottle of wine and when we walked in we found the wine and classical music playing. It was a great way to set the tone for the evening. We stayed over St. Patricks Day and the place was buzzing. There was a "pub" crawl around the resort and live music in the Tavern. We had dinner in the Tavern and the food was fantastic. The staff encouraged you to stay around to enjoy the live music. The voucher also included breakfast and the buffett had anything (and more!) you could want for a Sunday brunch. Our server from the night before saw us as we were leaving and gave us a warm greeting. She acted like she really cared that we had a great time at the hotel. I would LOVE to come back, especially in the summer. I will be keeping my eye out for other vouchers through Rue La La with CBI since it was such a fantastic time.

Somerset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We went this past weekend for a girls getaway to celebrate my 40th birthday. It was lovely. We were upgraded to a cottage on the ocean. We each had spa treatments which were lovely. We had dinner at the restaurant and was given a table by the window with a nice view of the ocean. Food was good. Presentation lovely. A special menu was printed up for me because of my birthday celebration. All & all it was a lovely place.

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second trip to Chatham Bars Inn - the first was in one of the cottage rooms during the winter (very spacious and quiet), this past one was in the main building itself in an ocean view room. The room was lovely with a large balcony overlooking the water, although there was no furniture on the balcony, perhaps because the weather was still cold. I love coming to Cape Cod in the winter during the off season and CBI is a wonderful place to enjoy it from.

I'd just be repeating what everyone else said about the beautiful and romantic property, but I want to add that the service was impeccable, and they were very accommodating of my recent severe food allergy restrictions (essentially making me vegan). We ate at the Tavern for dinner and they brought out a beautiful plate of food that was well beyond the plain boring stuff I'd been expecting. The waitress was extremely solicitous and kept checking in to make sure everything was ok - she even asked before she put down the bread basket on the table for my companion just in case I couldn't be near it. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and can't wait to come back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My first visit to Cape Cod and more importantly my first visit to Chatham Bars Inn. What a fantastic property. I can't say enough about how wonderful and perfect this getaway was. The hotel property is absolutely beautiful with breath taking views, impeccable service, and a very friendly and attentive staff. The restaurants provide an exceptional dining experience -- you must have breakfast in the main dining room overlooking the ocean -- what a perfect way to start your day! The room was immaculate -- spacious, clean and comfortable. Highly recommend this place as a destination for fun and relaxation. Thanks Rue La La for helping me to discover it!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
0.7 km away
21.3 km away
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#7 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!